Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where were the missing seats?

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
It looks like our attendance was at least 500 more than it's been any other game, so looking at it that way, there are your 500 seats filled...

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It looks like our attendance was at least 500 more than it's been any other game, so looking at it that way, there are your 500 seats filled...

Yes, but.....

There were 500 extra seats in 1901
&
500 extra seats in NE

so why wasn't the attendance 1,000 more than any other game?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Oddly, at 12.30pm on Saturday, a large lorry was in Beaconsfield Road with what appeared to be hundreds of padded blue stadium seat partly covered by tarpaulin on the back.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
You misunderstand. Seats were physialy removed from the south and east stand (replaced by blue things to separate home and away supporters). So while there were 500 more seats in the north east, there were 500 fewer in the south/east stands, so over all there were not additional seats, just relocated seats.

His 'misunderstanding' was quite understandable.

Lots on comment on nsc last week talked about them being removed from the 1901 middle tier extensions.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Yes, but.....

There were 500 extra seats in 1901
&
500 extra seats in NE

so why wasn't the attendance 1,000 more than any other game?

Isn't it because the stated 26,000 plus at some league games when you could clearly see sporadic empty seats, was based on the lying Arsenal definition of an Attendance of counting all s/t holders as attendees whether they were there or not, and adding one-off ticket sales.
That is, a lot in the number, weren't actually there.

Whereas for cup games, those buying did attend.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Isn't it because the stated 26,000 plus at some league games when you could clearly see sporadic empty seats, was based on the lying Arsenal definition of an Attendance of counting all s/t holders as attendees whether they were there or not, and adding one-off ticket sales.

Whereas for cup games, those buying did attend.

If the no. of seats has gone from 27,500 to 28,500, and the attendance announced is the number of seats sold, and we sold out, and Arsenal sold out...

why was the attendance only 27,113?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
When I heard the attendance I thought maybe in the FA Cup they have to announce the number of people who have turned up rather than the number of tickets sold.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
When I heard the attendance I thought maybe in the FA Cup they have to announce the number of people who have turned up rather than the number of tickets sold.

think it might be that.

2 hours before kick off Barber was interviewed on 5Live and said the crowd was expected to be 27800. I am assuming that was based on tickets sold which would mean the shprtfall was down to no-shows.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Not the case, arsenals replay against Swansea only had 30k odd but attendance given as 60k

Bruno

Jul 2, 2012

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
There were some gaps in the south west upper.

Yes - there were a quite a few empty seats in the newly opened upper tier in the south west corner. Don't know why - were they club comps?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here