Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where was delilah?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Did you really expect them to be there loudest against league one opposition in the 5th round of the FA cup?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Their singing of Delilah at a midweek game at Withdean was very loud.
Didn't hear it yesterday. All we got was When The Stains Go Marching On.

There was one fairly lack-luster rendition of it during the first half, but then on yesterday's evidence it - was hardly the 'wall of noise' that many of us seemed to be expecting. Loudest fans in England it said on the ticket. Can we get a refund?

stoke624

Feb 20, 2011
shit atmosphere yesterday but what did you expect. im sure if you were playing a conference side in the fa cup, itd hardly get the pulsses racing. People only seem to give a shit about the fa cup once they get to the quarter finals. The britannia can be very loud at times, but also like a morgue when we play teams like fulham,bolton etc....its the same as every other ground in the country. I remember goin to liverpool away in the cup when we were a third tier club and expecting this cauldren of noise.....it was not

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
shit atmosphere yesterday but what did you expect. im sure if you were playing a conference side in the fa cup, itd hardly get the pulsses racing. People only seem to give a shit about the fa cup once they get to the quarter finals. The britannia can be very loud at times, but also like a morgue when we play teams like fulham,bolton etc....its the same as every other ground in the country. I remember goin to liverpool away in the cup when we were a third tier club and expecting this cauldren of noise.....it was not

All of this. We really are being utter tools over this as someone else has posted.

Stoke have great fans, considering what to them is lesser opposition they turned up in numbers, were fairly loud albeit on a match that they had won after just thirty minutes. Frankly after that it was a nothing game really so what do you expect, a complete cauldron of noise?!

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
I thought that Stoke fans were meant to be the loudest supporters in the country...........

There were a couple of muted renditions, but what do you expect? Although a big cup game for us, it wasn't really a big draw for Stoke, so not likely to get their pulses racing. To be honest, I was quite impressed with the size of the home crowd for this one, especially when you look at what turned up at the Birmingham v Wednesday game.

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
There were a couple of muted renditions, but what do you expect? Although a big cup game for us, it wasn't really a big draw for Stoke, so not likely to get their pulses racing. To be honest, I was quite impressed with the size of the home crowd for this one, especially when you look at what turned up at the Birmingham v Wednesday game.
Without wishing to sound rude it wasn't really a big draw for us either. A Premier League team yes but not a big one. As you said not one to get the pulses racing! Also is the Britainia Stadium the worst 'new' ground out of all that have been built in recent years?

knype

Feb 20, 2011
Without wishing to sound rude it wasn't really a big draw for us either. A Premier League team yes but not a big one. As you said not one to get the pulses racing! Also is the Britainia Stadium the worst 'new' ground out of all that have been built in recent years?

To be fair IMO it was your cup final and that is not being arrogant, we are not one of the "Country's Favourite" teams like Man Ure or Arse but it was a Premier League team non the less.

stoke624

Feb 20, 2011

Id say so yes..but then again, it only cost 14million to build so i dont think weve done to badly. Giv me the old vic anyday tho

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
To be fair IMO it was your cup final and that is not being arrogant, we are not one of the "Country's Favourite" teams like Man Ure or Arse but it was a Premier League team non the less.

Maybe but even you must admit you're not a big name premiership team. We took 6,500 to Aston Villa last year in the 4th round. Also, we have played you a few times over the last few years. Not really a cup final, more like a 5th round tie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here