Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where to strengthen in January?

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Think goalkeeper is a must and maybe a box to box pacey midfielder.

A goal keeper and a pacey midfielder? You wouldn't take an in form striker to convert the % of touches we have in the box?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's really not like me, but....

I'm beginning to see the argument for replacing Maty.

I feel bad for thinking it.

It might be one of those ones that we regret.

I don't think he needs replacing, I think he needs dropping for a month . . .work on a few things he seems to have forgotten how to do.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Manager, preferably one that doesn't put square pegs in round holes and can teach a team of professional footballers how to defend a set piece.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Disagree- Gross is a very good set piece taker. Sadly we don't have anyone getting on the end of them and scoring

Remind me the last time we had a free kick outside the box where the taker has gone for goal and come anywhere near scoring.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Remind me the last time we had a free kick outside the box where the taker has gone for goal and come anywhere near scoring.

Fair point, I was thinking more of indirect free kicks and corners.

To be honest I'm struggling to remember a time where we had a free kick in a goalscoring position in the first place. Murray was excellent at winning those kind of free kicks.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yes,I just read a message on YouTube saying"that bissouma/moder combination will be something to behold.i wondered what they were on about.that explains it.

Dont think we'll see much of them together till next season. All imports spend a fair bit if time being acclimatised and eased in slowly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here