Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Where to go for lunch between Brighton Marina & Seaford?

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Mrs SATB and I have a free day tomorrow and plan on going for lunch as we haven't been for lunch in two years due to my sons complex needs, he will be at school for his second day and we plan to treat ourselves. Needs to be between the Marina and Seaford really as we've been in Eastbourne all day and want to be local, so any suggestions appreciated.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Hut at Rathfinny will be nice tomorrow. Not proper lunch but the location is amazing.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Cricketers Arms in Berwick Village, just off the A27, this is on the left side of the A27 on the way to Brighton from Eastbourne.

Edit - I know it’s not between Seaford and the marina but worth a mention as not far from Seaford

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Not convinced there is much quality choice in a straight line as you go past the marina through Saltdean , peacehaven etc towards seaford but must be some nice pubs in the country somewhere that way . Kemp town might have the odd one or two decent restaurants. It used to but that was a couple of years ago .

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not convinced there is much quality choice in a straight line as you go past the marina through Saltdean , peacehaven etc towards seaford but must be some nice pubs in the country somewhere that way . Kemp town might have the odd one or two decent restaurants. It used to but that was a couple of years ago .

You really are a marketing company's dream customer :lolol:

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Burger and Bird in Peacehaven is decent , on the coast road

Thanks, love this place on a Sunday - roast dinners there are unrivalled. I think this is where we will end up, but been here a few times and wanted to maybe try something new.

Thanks all for the suggestions, has anyone tried Kappadokya on the coast road, the old wimpy place?

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Cricketers Arms in Berwick Village, just off the A27, this is on the left side of the A27 on the way to Brighton from Eastbourne.

Edit - I know it’s not between Seaford and the marina but worth a mention as not far from Seaford

Thanks, will add to the list to suggest in the morning. We've tried the Berwick Inn a few years ago - liked it very much!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Plough and Harrow Littlington
This is a good shout.

The Sussex Ox is just a little further inland too - quite pricy but worth it IMO.

If pretentiousness is your thing, The Star in Alfriston is your friend.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
This is a good shout.

The Sussex Ox is just a little further inland too - quite pricy but worth it IMO.

If pretentiousness is your thing, The Star in Alfriston is your friend.
Of all the pubs in that area we generally find the Ox the most reliable for food.

Been to the Star for a couple of lunches and a couple of dinners. Enjoyed the first two meals very much, third was a bit “meh” and the fourth time I sent my food back it was so bad and wasn’t charged. Maybe just an off-night in the kitchen but I don’t plan on returning any time soon sadly.

New Italian in Alfriston is pretty good.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The Smugglers' Rest in Peacehaven purely for the clifftop location.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here