where to download

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Whats wrong with buying them ?

the money goes to the corporate whores, best to save cash to see the bands live and buy merch at the stands as it pretty much all goes to the Band....MUCH better that way :thumbsup:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
the money goes to the corporate whores

You mean the ones that have taken a chance on the bands in the first place, and advanced them the money to record their albums with no guarantee of seeing that money, let alone any profit on their investment, again?

Quite apart from that, I'd have thought most bands would be happier with 10p in the pound from each album sale going into their pockets and the other 90p going to the record company than they would be with getting absolutely nothing, which is what they get when you don't pay for your music.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
the money goes to the corporate whores, best to save cash to see the bands live and buy merch at the stands as it pretty much all goes to the Band....MUCH better that way :thumbsup:

i agree i'd much rather save up a few quid and go see a good band live

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
You mean the ones that have taken a chance on the bands in the first place, and advanced them the money to record their albums with no guarantee of seeing that money, let alone any profit on their investment, again?

Quite apart from that, I'd have thought most bands would be happier with 10p in the pound from each album sale going into their pockets and the other 90p going to the record company than they would be with getting absolutely nothing, which is what they get when you don't pay for your music.

thats one way of looking at it.......but there is another way......and that other way is my way!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Add to that the fact that larger bands can make very little or lose money on touring (due to paying support, liability insurance on large venues, etc) and instead use the touring to promote sales of their new album - your argument doesn't hold very well.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Add to that the fact that larger bands can make very little or lose money on touring (due to paying support, liability insurance on large venues, etc) and instead use the touring to promote sales of their new album - your argument doesn't hold very well.

...and where do you think I buy the CD from :thud:

yes thats right....I download an album, if I like it I'll buy it, more often than not direct from the band which is possible ya know!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
...and where do you think I buy the CD from :thud:

yes thats right....I download an album, if I like it I'll buy it, more often than not direct from the band which is possible ya know!

You're only adding that now, you never said you bought them at all, before - you said you went to gigs and bought merchandise, that suggests "not CDs"

And you know the label still gets a *massive* cut of CDs sold at gigs, right?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
You're only adding that now, you never said you bought them at all, before - you said you went to gigs and bought merchandise, that suggests "not CDs"

And you know the label still gets a *massive* cut of CDs sold at gigs, right?

oh sweet jesus.......look 01001101010110010100111101000010 (work that one out!) Merch to me has always included CDs, I only have to look to my right and see my nice large collection......a vast majority bought at gigs. Also seeing as the bands I listen too dont actually have major corporate whores as bosses (well maybe Epitaph but thats another argument) its not as if I dont mind giving to their record labels aswell.
My statement earlier about Corporate Whores was the mass money marketing of the majors...of which I dont buy music from because I dont like the bands.....simple innit!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
So why add any of the confusion, then?

yes you're right my lord, you are a true irish greatness oh Guinness Drinking Demi-God of Mine for whom I am not worthy :bowdown:

:braders:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports