Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

where to buy a record/vinyl player in brighton area

bnfrnkln

all the lads...
Nov 2, 2009
the ministry of flair
afternoon chaps,
i'm looking to buy a record player either new or second hand in the brighton or worthing area, i need an amplifier also. it doesnt need to be fancy, i'm not launching a dj career, i just want something to play my vinyl on at home.

any suggestions where i could find such a delight? or does anyone have reccomendations of good players (with links online if your really bored?:thumbsup:)

oh and on a slightly unconnected note, i'm heading to the huddersfield away game from manchester... anyone else doing a similar trip? :albion2:

thanks!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I got my turntable from Richer Sounds on London Rd - there's a second-hand shop a few doors away that might have some cheaper models too.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
yeah my record player came from richer sounds too. Normally good service in there too.

afternoon chaps,
i'm looking to buy a record player either new or second hand in the brighton or worthing area, i need an amplifier also. it doesnt need to be fancy, i'm not launching a dj career, i just want something to play my vinyl on at home.

any suggestions where i could find such a delight? or does anyone have reccomendations of good players (with links online if your really bored?:thumbsup:)

oh and on a slightly unconnected note, i'm heading to the huddersfield away game from manchester... anyone else doing a similar trip? :albion2:

thanks!

Have you thought of a USB turntable so you can transfer them to MP3 format for portable listening?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Not far from Richer Sounds you will find Monkey Music Emporium in Baker Street (opposite the Co-op post office).
I believe they do a good range of second hand hi-fi. You are more likely to find a better sounding player than the modern stuff from Richer Sounds.

bnfrnkln

all the lads...
Nov 2, 2009
the ministry of flair
Have you thought of a USB turntable so you can transfer them to MP3 format for portable listening?

i've thought about it, could be a good idea. although i've noticed alot of vinyl you buy these days comes with a free mp3 download of the album - part of the reason i've got back in to buying it.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
to echo others...Richer Sounds is a good call.
If you fancy spending serious ££££ though,then try Audio T ( formerly Jeffries Hi Fi ) near Preston Circus

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex

Not far from Richer Sounds you will find Monkey Music Emporium in Baker Street (opposite the Co-op post office).
I believe they do a good range of second hand hi-fi. You are more likely to find a better sounding player than the modern stuff from Richer Sounds.

Yes, Mark has a wonderful array of top turntables - better than you'd find new - and he refurbishes them himself. Not bad for prices, fair I'd say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here