Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Where should Deniz Undav go for a kebab?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Footballer struggling to find good kebab……wouldn’t happen in Germany

“It’s been the ultimate post-pub snack for half a century. David Farley heads to Berlin in search of the perfect doner”

Jul 7, 2003
I celebrated his latest goal with an Uncle Jim’s on my way back home from the Emirates.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Last decent Kebab I had was in Munich in fact the best Kebabs are to be had in Germany or Turkey and they are nothing like the ones served up herein the UK
I agree, but can't understand why. Those here are still owned by Turkish (or other middle eastern) folk. Why would they be different here?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I agree, but can't understand why. Those here are still owned by Turkish (or other middle eastern) folk. Why would they be different here?
Serving less discerning palates.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Uncle Jim’s has been open for much longer than that. Used to go there in the mid 80s.

I believe the original owner used to set these up, run them for a while and then sell them on to another member of the Turkish community. Worthing was the last one before they retired.

It is still run by the same family who took it over from the original owner. The dad has stepped down now but it is run by his son in law. It is a little embarrassing that I have known him longer than my wife and I’ve been married for nearly 27 years! He does come to the Amex occasionally with me and two of his kids are Albion fans - the other supports Arsenal.
He was referring to going there after seeing Uncle John's band at Chapmans, which would have been back in the mid 80s.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The biggest reason is the homemade bread made in a clay oven often on site while we generally get shop brought pitas

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here