Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Where shall I go on holiday this year?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Just me and Mrs H.

Anytime from the start of July until the middle of September.

From unknown cities to the open country - we don't care.

Any ideas?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Just me and Mrs H.

Anytime from the start of July until the middle of September.

From unknown cities to the open country - we don't care.

Any ideas?
Lots of people on here seem to like Shoreham!
Mrs DiS and I are spending 4 weeks in June/July in Northern Spain and France - Pyrenees and West Coast.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tried Funchal in Madeira in September a few years back. Expected it to be fairly dull (somebody else booked it) but it was actually pretty decent. Banana plantations in the middle of town, a Ronaldo museum the size of an aircraft hangar, cable-cars, that thing where you slide down the streets in a basket, fantastic markets full of eighteen different kinds of mango and evil-looking fish, some very decent craft beers. Oh, and port. And cake. Supposed to be some decent hiking in the north of the island. Suffers a little bit from an influx of cruise ships in the earlier part of the day, but the hordes are easily avoidable. Really enjoyed it

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Croydon in August should be fine if you fancy some Championship football.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Poreč in Croatia (fly into Pula). Stunning combination of beaches, boats, history, scenery, bars, music, restaurants, weather, sunshine, value. Maybe stay on the island at the Valamar, free ferry crossings all day.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think you need to let us know what type of holiday you are after. Partying through the day and night - Ibiza. Walking in the burning mid day sun - Camino Santiago :smile:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
We've got two kids in tow so it's a first time visit for to Centre Parcs for us. I've been warned to get a loan for the extras but kids will love the wooden lodge, wildlife and activities.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
A few ideas:

Channel Islands. Guernsey is a step back in time; Sark several steps.
A bus trip up the length of Norway. See the northern lights and assorted Russian spies.
Camping at Kandersteg in the Bernese Oberland. Proper hiking, climbing, mountain biking, all the scenery you could imagine, plus eagles flying the peaks far above you. If you are feeling brave, put the car on the train through the mountains to the Rhone valley. Just close the windows first.
Fancy a city? Try Lisbon. Trams, custard tarts, pickpockets and Segway tours.
If you just want hot sun and world class food, plus a bit of catholicism, and a lot of history, then Malta might fit the bill. Choose your location carefully though.
Do you like to wander through a medieval town? Colmar, Alsace or Dinan, Brittany. Both are quite beautiful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here