Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Where it all started going wrong?

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Where it all started going wrong is when we stopped scoring f*cking goals!!

GOALS WIN GAMES!

Shots on target percentage is sh*t!

Maupay passes instead of shooting, Lallana passes instead of shooting!

F*cking angry!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I don't think it's ALL gone wrong. Our finishing has let us down.

Newcastle and Man United were some of the best games we've played at this level. Everton were just too good for us. We dominated Palace and but lacked a cutting edge and last night was just a bit... off.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
What worries me more than anything else are the changes Potter made to try and combat WBA from taking control of the game. They were ineffective and he appeared to be completely out-foxed by Bilic in the 2nd half.

This!

From the TV, you could hear Bilic shouting at/to his players and I you could see that something major was changed at half time.
I appreciate that Potter is a different character but he did seem to be passive in the 2nd half. Certainly ineffectual.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This!

From the TV, you could hear Bilic shouting at/to his players and I you could see that something major was changed at half time.
I appreciate that Potter is a different character but he did seem to be passive in the 2nd half. Certainly ineffectual.

Regarding the WBA change at HT, Bilic explained:

"I said to be more brave and to risk a bit more in their box. Show determination. We passed so many good balls in the second half in this pockets that was hurting them. The whole package beyond the point makes it a very good result for us."

I wonder what GP’s incisive words were?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Regarding the WBA change at HT, Bilic explained:

"I said to be more brave and to risk a bit more in their box. Show determination. We passed so many good balls in the second half in this pockets that was hurting them. The whole package beyond the point makes it a very good result for us."

I wonder what GP’s incisive words were?

We need to learn fro that, then a deep intake of breath

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
An inability to read the flow of the game and notice that WBA were exploring the wide areas and overloading us here. Then he brought on Gross for Lallana in what amounted to a substitution that changed nothing. He played into their hands and I don’t get why.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Taking Lallana off when he’s clearly controlling the game didn’t help either.

Taking Lallana off was certainly the turning point in my view but his tank was empty. His arms were clutching at air when he tried a run in the minute before he came off. We know he's short of match fitness and so does he. Not Potter's fault. But from then, the tactics and subs were Hughtonesque in their lack of ambition.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I do miss the days when we first got promoted and any draw was a point gained. Now we play 45 minutes of bad football concede a single goal and people are calling for the manager's head.

We've been in the lower leagues for nearly 40 years, we're playing some beautiful attacking football and scoring goals against everyone we face.

PLEASE ENJOY IT MORE

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Where it all started going wrong is when we stopped scoring f*cking goals!!

GOALS WIN GAMES!

Shots on target percentage is sh*t!

Maupay passes instead of shooting, Lallana passes instead of shooting!

F*cking angry!

Good morning!

[emoji23]

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Good morning!

[emoji23]

HAHA! :lolol:

Seriously though the main issue is turning shots into goals. We are 6th highest in the league for total shots taken. 2nd from bottom only above Sheffield Utd for percentage of shots on target. That's worrying.

the

Jul 25, 2018
London
- Not targeting a strong defensive minded CM to upgrade from Dale Stephens
- Not finding an upgrade for March
- Not going after a better keeper than Matt Ryan
- Dropping Mooy after the lockdown
- Having Connolly who is still a championship caliber player in the matchday roster
- Maupay Always getting playing time regardless of how crap he does
- Having basically one single formation / game plan in EPL matches regardless of the opponent

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
He hasn’t brought Burn back as left back he has used him as left centre back pushing White into midfield.

The goal yesterday was after he switched to a flat back four with Burn playing left back but for 160 minutes out of the last 180 he has played in the back three not as a wing back.

Well he's been left in a position of trying to stop a cross from the right with no-one outside him many many times in the last two games.
So he might as well have been playing left back.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
If we fail to beat Burnley I’d call it a day with potter.

I'm sorry (actually, pleased) to tell you that we will be keeping Potter no matter what happens.

If we end up going down, he will be our manager next season in the Championship.

We are (Tony is) viewing the playing side of the clubs development as a long term project, Potter is a part of that come what may.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm sorry (actually, pleased) to tell you that we will be keeping Potter no matter what happens.

If we end up going down, he will be our manager next season in the Championship.

We are (Tony is) viewing the playing side of the clubs development as a long term project, Potter is a part of that come what may.

To be fair, for much of his time in charge we were saying the same about Hughton!

Where it really went wrong was when we started wearing something closely resembling the 1983 relegation shirts .....................

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
- Having Connolly who is still a championship caliber player in the matchday roster
- Having basically one single formation / game plan in EPL matches regardless of the opponent

Yes, but where do you think the problem lies. :lolol:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
weak defensively, wasteful in front of goal. This formula has two outcomes. A lucky draw or a deserved loss.

We need sharpening up at both ends and quickly.

Newcastle being the exception. We went at them from the off. Terrorised the left back got a very early penalty and followed that up with a second (again down the right). That effectively killed the game within 10 mins and allowed us to play our natural game against a team with no drive or ambition. We won't have another game like it this season unless the team and manager wise the f**k up.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Congratulations! A post with seven points, every one of which I disagree with!
:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here