Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Where is your Albion Mojo today?

Where is your Albion Mojo today

• Total voters

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Was an 8 after Chris went and now a 5 after losing an influential player, who I think should have been given a season under the new man.
Also knowing that no matter what is said about transfers, we will have to take the dross left over when transfer targets etc. go to other clubs on a better deals.
Happens every year, so let's hope we can unearth a few hidden gems.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8998013 said:
I'd imagine it's due to the fact we are half way through preseason and still haven't made any first team signings, topped off by the fact we've let, arguably, our most potent attacking player leave on loan for absolute peanuts.

Other than Clarke and Trossard or do they not count for some reason?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Somewhere around the 2-3 mark. Can’t understand the transfer strategy being employed so far. Without a couple of really high quality signings, we’re in deep trouble. If those aren’t made it wouldn’t surprise me at all if GP’s stay turns out to be a short one.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Mojo plummeting a bit as the AK sale sinks in.

Trossard cannot compensate for both an injured Izzy and a departed AK.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Very low. Still sad that CH is no longer our manager, and now AK has gone.

I presume we are going to make some other signings, otherwise the club must have a lot of faith in Potter being some kind of genius.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
5, which is where I assume the fence is

Not unhappy about replacing CH. Expected us to have done a bit more transfer biz by now but it's been pretty quiet across the board so think we might see a frenetic last few days. Also think a couple more of 1st team could go as GP sticks his signature on the squad

Come August 8 expecting a score of 7-8

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
4. Yes, we still have time but, as things stand, our squad is weaker than last season, and last season we were very close to being relegated. Signing a 5th CB and an exciting LW to cover Izzy’s long-term injury, but with multiple 1st team gaps, ain’t gonna cut it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
5 - I've paid absolutely no attention to anything football related since the end of the season

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mine has taken a nosedive with the AK loan and the lack of transfer activity. Plenty of time to go though. Maybe time for another poll now and one a few days before kick off.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'm almost at my lowest ebb at the moment with AK being offloaded. Really need 3-4 quality signings to pick me up but I'm not at all confident that the club have much up their sleeves. At the moment we look boring, dull, predictable and toothless and I'm dreading the start of the season.

Come on Albion give your hard pressed and success starved supporters something to cheer about...... It's long overdue.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Whatever the equivalent of 'meh' is.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The whole football world moves incredibly slowly this time of year and no matter how hard I try I can't seem to get my mojo past a 5. The start of the season seems too far to be concerned about and let's be fair we always start the season fearing the worst but never end up in the bottom 3. Plus Sheff United, Norwich, Aston Villa, Newcastle, Southampton, Crystal Palace all seem to have similar squads with obvious weaknesses in areas. I'm not massively concerned but also not eagerly anticipating the start of the season just yet

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Very low. Obvious after just staying up need a midfielder and a quick player to replace Murray . Cant believe Bloom thinks answer is same players different system and play acadamy players. No problem with Knockhaert going and would be happy if a few more went. Bournmouth are a great example Just tinker with squad with one or two quality signings at same time sell squad players on for £10mill. At this rate we will go down but be able to pay Bloom a chunk of his debt .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
5 - I've paid absolutely no attention to anything football related since the end of the season

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

To fill you in then:

CH was sacked.
Rosenoir jumped ship to coach up north.
Knockaert was shipped out.
We spent £17.5m on Trossard & Clarke.
Villa, Norwich, Leicester and West Ham have all spent very significantly.

Did you watch The Cure at Glasto?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Other than Clarke and Trossard or do they not count for some reason?

I think he was referring to 1st team starters, to which I'd agree.

Clarke is going to be on the bench more often than not (even if Dunk was to go I suspect Burn may get the nod ahead of him), and Trossard I think will have to be nurtured over the season as from Saturday's evidence (where he was truly awful in the second half) he needs a lot of work to become a 1st team player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here