Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is your Albion mojo as the season draws to an end

Where is your Albion mojo?

• Total voters

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
When we kicked off vs Arsenal about a 3 but a few weeks of great football following some clear progress within the squad and up to an 8. Very excited for the transfer window and how things will improve for next season

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'm on an 8, it might have made a 9 had we got anything from the Liverpool game, but it's one of those losses you can take a lot of positives and pride from as we gave the Champions a real test, take away the silly mistakes and we pretty much matched them, we are getting signs now of how this squad is evolving and what potential it has.

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
Mine is a 3. Although I am pleased we are almost safe I cannot get enthused about watching games that I would have attended.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
In the absolute toilet before Restart. So much so I was hoping for a Null and Void or a PPG scenario. But good feelings after Arsenal, even more so after the Leicester result

I'd say I'm about an 8 so far, potentially a 9 if we get results against the last 3 games!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
A very optimistic 8 for me. The restart, despite my misgivings, has provided us with a real boost. Potter, 1st half selection against Utd not withstanding, has bossed it. Potter has proven himself to be. flexible and thoughtful coach, first in preparing the team for the final 9 games, for taking full advantage of the drinks breaks and 5 subs rule, and finally for unleashing Lamptey on an unsuspecting division.

Lamptey epitomises the optimism for me. A gem of a signing, just the sort of modern player we have been crying out for, I sincerely hope the recruitment team can build on this success.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Was fairly anxious as we came into Restart, as we'd lost the ability to win and it wasn't unreasonable to fear 4 defeats from our first 5 games back.

However:
– The excellent 'bonus' points vs Arsenal and Leicester…
– The fact we were focused and professional in 'getting the job done' at Norwich…
– The spirit we showed in not letting the horror starts vs Man Utd and Liverpool stop us from giving both teams a good (verging on even) game thereafter…
… all coupled with the sheer abjectness and 'beaten dog look' of the quintet below us has totally lifted that cloud, and it's great to be able to discuss positives and look ahead instead.

So I'm a solid 8. Feel we're finishing the season with upwards momentum, in terms of morale, prospects, ideas and more. Win a couple of the last 4 games, and I'll be a 9.

Like others, I'm particularly enthused by the emerging crop of players in and around their early 20s, who could be the foundation of the Albion not just next year but beyond: Lamptey, Maupay, Mac Alister, Alzate, White, Connolly, Bissouma, Trossard etc. Including those like Molumby whom I've not yet seen play but am interested in seeing.

It also looks like Potter is continually learning PL skills and nous, and I'm confident his second season will show that even more.

My one bugbear of the whole season remains the way we binned off Locadia and Andone once the window had shut, then never replaced either of them. That remains a tactical ****-up in my view – fine if we wanted rid, but the timing and then not having any back-up to Maupay, Connolly and Murray has surely cost us a couple of goals and a degree of flexibility. Thankfully not critically in the end, but my #1 wish for next season is that we have another striking option in the squad. Possibly two if Glenn is effectively finished now, bar the odd cameo.

Followed by:
#2 No-one key leaves – Dunk and White are two names I'd not like to see in the summer transfer tittle-tattle.
#3 We decide what we're doing with AJ and perma-crocked Izqueirdo. If they're staying, they're playing, otherwise we need to find a new wing option. There's a 'neither in nor out' limbo around both which needs sorting.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Last time this question was asked felt we were better than our results suggested now results seem to have caught up which is nice. I think we are on the cusp of something quite special. I look at the squad and its as strong as its ever been, youth coming through is definitely the best its ever been. Tony has some tough decisions to make IMO. Everything is in place to really punch on but in an ideal world now is the time to spend to address the gaps in the squad, striker in particular. Question is can Tony afford to do it right now? If he does I really think top 10 is possible next season , if not, then the risk is we lose good players or staff who are pinched by bigger clubs. It's very tough balancing act for owners, especially in these times but if anyone can judge it right TB can.

9 for me.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Shot up since return from lockdown. Dropped a bit after the very poor performance v Man Utd but straight back up again after showing that we could give the EPL, European & World champions a game the other night.

Bouyed by Lamptey's emergence and Bissouma's development. Love the fact that we have a young squad and tasty prospects all over the show. Hopefully by start of next season Potter will have seen enough to know how he wants to proceed and recruit a player or two that he wants to stengthen and we will see more consistency in selection; hopefully playing the best players in their best positions.

I'm at an 8. For a pessimist like me, if I go any higher I will need to go into therapy :D

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Shot up since return from lockdown. Dropped a bit after the very poor performance v Man Utd but straight back up again after showing that we could give the EPL, European & World champions a game the other night.

Bouyed by Lamptey's emergence and Bissouma's development. Love the fact that we have a young squad and tasty prospects all over the show. Hopefully by start of next season Potter will have seen enough to know how he wants to proceed and recruit a player or two that he wants to stengthen and we will see more consistency in selection; hopefully playing the best players in their best positions.

I'm at an 8. For a pessimist like me, if I go any higher I will need to go into therapy :D

Agree, anything higher than an 8 and your find me running through a field of wheat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here