Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is Vicente?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Read Gus's comments over the last week or so. On the way back but not quite there yet.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
stuck at gatwick.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Instead of where's wally? it will be where's Vicente.

in all different football related contexts!! haha!

the treatment room might be the easiest page... on the table i'd think. or maybe the spanish villa page.
but you'll be buggered if you can find him in the saturday matchday scene (tip - wrapped in multiple scarves somewhere near 1901)

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Ok, lets get one thing straight first..............When this man wears a Brighton shirt and plays, I wet myself watching, he is in my opinion one of the best EVER players to wear a Brighton shirt, vision passing, shooting, awareness, just awesome to watch. I still cant believe that we signed him.

But

Something is wrong behind the scenes and we are not being told the truth.

Since the beginning of November he has in the words of super gus been "almost there" he had the international break and in Super Gus words was "going to be available after the 2 week layoff and that this break would do him the world of good" Since then he has "been short of match fitness, but has no injuries" If he is not going to play for the ressies, then the only way to get him match fit is to play on a saturday, whether it be first 60, or last 20, to have him not involved at all seems absolutly the strangest decision made by Gus if in fact he is fit, but lacks match fitness, Something else is wrong in my opinion:

He is either:

Still injured, but we are not being told the truth
Not happy here (is he in fact here????has he been seen him?)
A bigger club has come in for him and the deal is that we wont play him and he can go in January for a fee.

I cant accept each week the "fit but not match fit" comments anymore, it just does not make any sense.

I still say that we will not see him again wearing the mighty blue and white stripes and for that I am truley gutted as he would be the best player in the division by a country mile and because of that other teams would change there game plan to deal with him. Having him makes us a very good side, with out him we are an ok side doing well, but punching above our weight as it currently stands.

Hopefully someone can shed some light, some honest light, some light from the inside on the situation, cause I honestly think we are being fed a load of bolloxs.

I am happy to be proved wrong,

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Ok, lets get one thing straight first..............When this man wears a Brighton shirt and plays, I wet myself watching, he is in my opinion one of the best EVER players to wear a Brighton shirt, vision passing, shooting, awareness, just awesome to watch. I still cant believe that we signed him.

But

Since the beginning of November he has in the words of super gus been "almost there" he had the international break and in Super Gus words was "going to be available after the 2 week layoff and that this break would do him the world of good" Since then he has "been short of match fitness, but has no injuries" If he is not going to play for the ressies, then the only way to get him match fit is to play on a saturday, whether it be first 60, or last 20, to have him not involved at all seems absolutly the strangest decision made by Gus if in fact he is fit, but lacks match fitness, Something else is wrong in my opinion:

He is either:

A bigger club has come in for him and the deal is that we wont play him and he can go in January for a fee.

I cant accept each week the "fit but not match fit" comments anymore, it just does not make any sense.

I still say that we will not see him again wearing the mighty blue and white stripes and for that I am truley gutted as he would be the best player in the division by a country mile and because of that other teams would change there game plan to deal with him. Having him makes us a very good side, with out him we are an ok side doing well, but punching above our weight as it currently stands.

Hopefully someone can shed some light, some honest light, some light from the inside on the situation, cause I honestly think we are being fed a load of bolloxs.

To deep IMO. He is a sicknote as he was at Valencia. Nothing more , nothing less

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

But

He is either:

Is Will Hoskins also lined up for a move to a big club in January?
And Buckley?

Gus has been saying the same things about them and the same thing has been going on.

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire

But

He is either:

Great avatar

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Is Will Hoskins also lined up for a move to a big club in January?
And Buckley?

Gus has been saying the same things about them and the same thing has been going on.

Not the same situation, the players you mention played against Crawley to get match fitness. Vicente, no where to be seen.

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire

But

He is either:

Great avatar :smile:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

I had a hunch it may be the "not happy here" theory but assume it would have leaked by now.

The "can't play due to poss transfer" doesn't have any merit given his long injury history ... can't see any Prem team taking him on till he's well proven ... even believe we wouldn't have been naive enough to sign him without all sorts of get outs ... maybe even pay on appearances .. another reason why "not happy here" may be plausible.

But I come back to integrity at the club .. yes Managers are playing mind games all the time to dupe the opposition but that's in the run up to games ... in this case I have to believe that the injury that's plagued him over the years is still ongoing and we are just praying that it can be fixed .... dunno suspect his playing career is done for.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Sprint-Training-in-the-rain.jpg

Putting in the hours.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I had a hunch it may be the "not happy here" theory but assume it would have leaked by now.

The "can't play due to poss transfer" doesn't have any merit given his long injury history ... can't see any Prem team taking him on till he's well proven ... even believe we wouldn't have been naive enough to sign him without all sorts of get outs ... maybe even pay on appearances .. another reason why "not happy here" may be plausible.

But I come back to integrity at the club .. yes Managers are playing mind games all the time to dupe the opposition but that's in the run up to games ... in this case I have to believe that the injury that's plagued him over the years is still ongoing and we are just praying that it can be fixed .... dunno suspect his playing career is done for.

Happy enough to trouser 35 bags a week rather than cancel his own contract & return to his place in the sun, no hard feelings...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here