Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Where is the first place you will go when this lockdown is over ?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
To come back to the UK and see my children.

Likewise.

I live in Dubai for work, my wife and two boys live in the UK.

Normally, I go back once or twice a month to see them, and spend around 7/8 days a month with them on average. That's just about bearable.

When this began, we had to take the difficult decision that it made sense for me to stay here, for work. (Partly because we also can't be too lax with the HMRC rules over the number of days I can spend in the UK without being classed as resident and therefore liable for tax. They've said they'd be 'flexible', but equally I can't get 'stuck' in the UK for a couple of months and burn my entire 2020–21 allowance in one go).

When my wife and I made that decision, we hoped this might be a 4-6 week thing. I'm now having to come to terms with the possibility it might be into June or even later before there are flights again, and I'm able to go back and see them. That's really not good, at all, and the thought that I'm probably going to be apart from them for 3 months or more is making this really hard. I know there are others in similar or even worse situations, but everyone's burden is still a personal one to carry.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Probably pop on a plane over to Ireland and see my dad. Bordering on elderly (69 years old), living alone completely isolated in a rural community.

I'd obviously stop at a few pubs on the way to break up the journey.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm going to take "family" as read, so once that's done then the Bluebell Railway. Never realised how much I'd miss going there until I couldn't.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
End of. You know, I lost my mum 2.5 years ago to dementia, I'd love to give her a big cuddle right now but bugger me I'm glad she's not going through this, For those of us who can cope okay, think of those with the likes of dementia, learning difficulties, it breaks my heart to think of people in those situatons.....

Sorry to hear about your loss, my Mum has vascular dementia, as you can imagine now is not a good time for her, worrying times.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Anywhere that doesn’t require a purpose...as at the moment you have to have a reason to go out

That's a very good point. You forget the simple pleasures, I sometimes head into Arundel for no real reason whatsoever, maybe stop and chat, have a cuppa or stop off and have a cheeky pint on the way back home.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
TK Maxx, North Street for some trainers and boots, I’m size 12 wide in footwear and living life to the Maxx is the only way to sort that one.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Nowhere specific, more just the opportunity to do things that we've all taken for granted.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Not sure if canning the Lockdown means an end to all this shit but it would be nice to have mum, kids and grandkids all OK and Be able give them a hug.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here