Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is the best away day experience?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
This wasn't meant to be about away day or weekend. I think all are down to personal preferance and often get to the ground as late as possible, but what grounds provide the best facilities and services in the ground as the AMEX seems to go all out but get moaned about where as most grounds aren't a patch on the service provided to away fans.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
This wasn't meant to be about away day or weekend. I think all are down to personal preferance and often get to the ground as late as possible, but what grounds provide the best facilities and services in the ground as the AMEX seems to go all out but get moaned about where as most grounds aren't a patch on the service provided to away fans.

Apologies Munkfish. We all appear to have hijacked your thread and gone off at complete tangents. I think it is commonly known as 'Boring Monday Night Syndrome'.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Apologies Munkfish. We all appear to have hijacked your thread and gone off at complete tangents. I think it is commonly known as 'Boring Monday Night Syndrome'.

Carry on. I just didn't want people thinking a highlight of an away game was really a fag at half time however much needed it's seems like it can be at half time.

theboybilly

I know it has always been like this (except for the Amex of course) but there's something not right anymore about the 'We've had your money, now bugger off' attitude of some clubs. Keeping the concourses open after the game is a breath of fresh air in my opinion.
The most welcoming club in the last couple of seasons, for me has been Brentford. Outside of Munkfish's criteria.....Derby.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

The Amex mostly gets slated by away fans after they have lost. Otherwise 'it's a great ground where the home club make you feel at home" :lol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No votes for Fulham?

Lovely old skool ground, atmospheric away end, nice area, short travelling time, alcohol served in ground, lots of good pubs around the locality. What's not to like? Great day out.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
Barnsley 2 seasons ago was great! Brighton was snowed in and it was a freezing cold Tuesday night; the coffee was awful but at least it warmed you up! There were so few of us that we were almost all on first name terms by the end of the match. Ulloa ruined the mood by having a penalty saved with 5 minutes to go and we lost 2-1.

Or there is always Middlesbrough. The pre-match in the pub with the punk rock/new wave DJ, a large Nandos and a Spanish Dave lofted winner went down spectacularly well!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I have fond recollections of Carlisle, York, Bristol, Torquay, Plymouth, Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Peterborough, Colchester (old ground), Charlton and Exeter and more recently of both Fulham and Brentford (would've put Brentford in the previous category but we got beat 4-0 on both occasions I went in the past which soured my experience somewhat!).

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Bayern Munich.

The Allianz is a fantastic stadium in its own right. The catering was really good and you can take beer to you seat. Food and drink sellers even circulate during matches and serve you in your seat.

To top that there are massive car parks on site and a dedicated motorway to whisk you away when you are done (for those that haven't been drinking).

You can't beat it!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Bayern Munich.

The Allianz is a fantastic stadium in its own right. The catering was really good and you can take beer to you seat. Food and drink sellers even circulate during matches and serve you in your seat.

To top that there are massive car parks on site and a dedicated motorway to whisk you away when you are done (for those that haven't been drinking).

You can't beat it!

That sounds fantastic! although food and drink sellers would probably start to piss you off if you sat by the stairs.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I've lamented the passing of the terrace at Peterborough on here before - used to love going there. No doubt Brentford's will go the same way in due course, particularly if they end up getting promoted.

I like pretty much all the London grounds as away games, Selhurst excepted, because we always take plenty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here