Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is our next win coming from ? ....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No those stats show both were effective at this stage of the season
Yes, but the post you replied to was a response to a post stating that Hughton was more effective last season.

Reality has a different judgement after 11 games.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’ll never understand why, if Potter is so good (and he’s had a promising start for sure), some find it so necessary to re-write history to claim everything Hughton did in the Prem was dogshit.

So Hughton didn’t even get 2 fine wins over United? That legacy has to be torn down thanks to this odd mania

I guess United must also be on strike now as well then Icy, given their position in the table? You are promising us all a nailed on 3 points next week then - fantastic!

Dogshit? Where have I said that? I just enjoy watching the Albion again, I had fallen out of love going by early last season and it was to do with the way we played. I am as surprised as anyone at the way the playing side has been transformed. Should I feel guilty that I think CH had taken us as far as he could? I loved the football when we were in the Championship under him. He couldn’t adapt to modern football in the Premier League imo but you cannot take away the fact that he kept us up, but Christ it was a hard watch by the end of last season.

United now have a poor manager but still have decent players and they do seem to be struggling. Have we ever won at Old Trafford? The only thing I will predict is that we will not go there in fear but we have every chance of getting beat. United away is a much tougher proposition than at home.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Stats aren’t really relevant when it comes to Hughton and Potter, I love Hughton one of my favourite Albion managers and a man I respect a huge amount, but realistically we’ve been so much better this season than last season, irrelevant of points gained or anything else. We are unlucky to have such ‘few’ points so far this season, we’ve lost 6 points just because of crazy red cards, totally dominated a few other games we haven’t won. We’ve probably had one lucky result that we didn’t deserve.

Dogshit? Where have I said that? I just enjoy watching the Albion again, I had fallen out of love going by early last season and it was to do with the way we played. I am as surprised as anyone at the way the playing side has been transformed. Should I feel guilty that I think CH had taken us as far as he could? I loved the football when we were in the Championship under him. He couldn’t adapt to modern football in the Premier League imo but you cannot take away the fact that he kept us up, but Christ it was a hard watch by the end of last season.

United now have a poor manager but still have decent players and they do seem to be struggling. Have we ever won at Old Trafford? The only thing I will predict is that we will not go there in fear but we have every chance of getting beat. United away is a much tougher proposition than at home.

You cannot take away from him the fact he kept us up TWICE you mean

And good to see you not defending ridiculous comments about not deserving credit for his two victories over United.

I’ll make a forecast now and you can take this to the bank.

Those who can’t go a week without slagging off Hughton even after all this time will be the VERY FIRST people to ditch Potter if he ever has a sustained run of bad results

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You cannot take away from him the fact he kept us up TWICE you mean

And good to see you not defending ridiculous comments about not deserving credit for his two victories over United.

I’ll make a forecast now and you can take this to the bank.

Those who can’t go a week without slagging off Hughton even after all this time will be the VERY FIRST people to ditch Potter if he ever has a sustained run of bad results

I have been through the whole thread and I don’t see anyone slagging CH off, in fact the opposite, commenting that we have pretty well the same points tally as last season at this point. Unless of course you are suggesting that I am the one slagging him off on a weekly basis?

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Not sure that you can put me into this camp. I dont slag Hughton off week in week out, but I do defend Potter week in week out and I did point out last season that we were frigging lucky to be where we were towards the end of last year. But you can take this to the bank, if we get relegated playing the way we are I would rather that than stay up playing how we were last season and there is no way I will be calling for Potter to be ditched. Last season was just plain embarrassing. Having the Newcastle fans calling out Ole for nigh on 90 mins was nauseating.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not sure that you can put me into this camp. I dont slag Hughton off week in week out, but I do defend Potter week in week out and I did point out last season that we were frigging lucky to be where we were towards the end of last year. But you can take this to the bank, if we get relegated playing the way we are I would rather that than stay up playing how we were last season and there is no way I will be calling for Potter to be ditched. Last season was just plain embarrassing. Having the Newcastle fans calling out Ole for nigh on 90 mins was nauseating.

This, 100% - but playing as we did for the second half of last season would have seen us nailed on for relegation this season. Nailed on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

You've got to admire how your consistent comparisons with last season gets turned into a savage take down of CH's two season Premier League tenure.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here