Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We sold Cucurella before signing Estupinan didn’t we? But if I remember correctly Estupinan had a release clause that we met, so it made it a little different to what you describe.
All players contracted to Spanish clubs have release clauses as it’s required by law over there.

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
there does seem to be a lot of talk on Chelsea groups about Sanchez being used to lower the Moises price. not sure I've quite made sense of the logic yet
Re my tongue in cheek post at 3.21pm...the more we get for Caicedo the more we have to pay his last club even though its 20% sell on fee, hence why I light heartedly said sell Sanchez for 100m and Moises for 5m, that way we pay pennies to the South Americans and not millions. I don't think its morally right and not sure it's legal but when you think of it...It could work but would have to be two separate deals!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Yep did make me laugh, we want £100m for Moises, but if we include Sanchez the price comes down to £85m.

Yep I read a few comments like this. The gist was that because they were “doing us a favour” by taking Sanchez off our hands that we would be more reasonable about the price of Caicedo 😂

Gordon Celery

Jul 31, 2023
The salient point in all of this is that none of Caicedo, his agent, the manager or the owner have said the deal is off.

Still plenty of time in the transfer window and there's a sense that Chelsea's position would appear to be strengthening.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The salient point in all of this is that none of Caicedo, his agent, the manager or the owner have said the deal is off.

Still plenty of time in the transfer window and there's a sense that Chelsea's position would appear to be strengthening.
Not really.

They have an inexperienced midfield, and the nearer to the end of the window we get, the more desperate they are.

We’ll get the £100m plus or the deal won’t happen, I also think it won’t happen as the end of the window approaches.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

In what way is Chelsea position strengthening? If anything its weakening day by day. With every day of the transfer window that passes it reduces the time we have left to find a replacement if Caicedo was sold, and therefor Tony's ambition to get the full £100m will be stronger. Also as the transfer window passes it becomes more and more clear that Caicedo is Chelsea's only main midfield target and so the sense will be building that they will just have to pay up or miss out. I imagine there is also a time limit to get this done. If Chelsea havent offered an amount that the club deem acceptable by a certain date Tony will cease any communication with them.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
So nothing new? We all know he'd like to move to a big club for lots of money. That's no secret. Doesnt change the fact that it cant happen unless an acceptable fee is agreed. He did an interview a few weeks back saying how he 'wouldnt be able to say no to Chelsea' but also that he was calm and happy at Brighton.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Chelsea's position only becomes stronger when they submit a bid of £100 million +. Until then.... no deal. Lol.

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
It’s such a soap opera for a 21 year old…. It almost doesn’t sit right all this attention on a young lads shoulders.
If he is going, just stump up the cash and we can all move on

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Doesn't sound good if true! But as pointed out to me on another thread, we knew it was coming. Hope it gets done quickly if it's happening as we need to get someone in.
Is the person who wrote that an actual journalist? I have my doubts:-

WTF.jpg

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
I may well be reading more into it than there was, and of course, whilst his English is good, it isn’t his first language, but his speech after POTS made no reference to the future, only the last season.

I truly hope he stays. He is worth more than the £100m to us for this season and I was heavily leaning that way but I’m being pulled back towards him leaving again.
Tony should give Chelsea a deadline. If you want him it’s £XXXm and cut off is xx/08/23. No haggle, no negotiation. Either pay up or piss off.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Cucurella POTS - £60M to Chelshit;
Caicedo POTS - maybe £100M to Chelshit.....
......can we persuade Jurgen Locadia back for a season (albeit playing on loan at Carlisle) and make him POTS next season? £120M anyone?

I'm looking at you, Todd Boehly..............!

Last edited:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
In what way is Chelsea position strengthening? If anything its weakening day by day. With every day of the transfer window that passes it reduces the time we have left to find a replacement if Caicedo was sold, and therefor Tony's ambition to get the full £100m will be stronger. Also as the transfer window passes it becomes more and more clear that Caicedo is Chelsea's only main midfield target and so the sense will be building that they will just have to pay up or miss out. I imagine there is also a time limit to get this done. If Chelsea havent offered an amount that the club deem acceptable by a certain date Tony will cease any communication with them
Agree. Also it appears that Chelsea are being linked with other players such as Olise at £40-50m and there are rumours of them being interested in Mbappe. He won't come cheap!
So are they now focused on what they want or are they prepared to go cheap on their midfield replacement to keep money aside for other targets.
Arsenal, on the other hand knew their man this summer, in Rice, and got him at a high price.
Chelsea seem scattergun in their approach.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

What sense? Their position is incredibly weak, always has been. Their only strength is to buy someone else, wish they'd hurry up.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here