Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What were the 'active talks' that have now ceased I wonder? Todd and Tony on CB Radios asking about each others 'six' and how many 'candles' they are burning?

Other wise it just means they haven't sent an email for a bit.
The whole thing is ridiculous. Believe the likes of Romano and they’ve been ‘in talks’ for weeks. I’d love to know how long those talks add up to in reality. There doesn’t seem to be much to discuss. 1-2 hours would be pushing it.

Freestyler

Jul 29, 2023
Shame that only Chelsea are in for him. Means getting the 100m will be difficult. I wonder if we will say no to 80m until the transfer window closes or if we give in because Moises kicks up a big stink.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
the times reported that to be the case but the article it linked to was fairly misleading and was just a rehash of the his team want to try to convince Brighton to lower the price no confirmation at all of any transfer request

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I’ve only ever seen it used light heartedly eg cartoons for angry disapproval.

In the States, is it now cancelled as a figure of speech?

Screenshot_2023-07-30-22-08-37-824_com.android.chrome.jpg

I note that Merriam Webster has a warning under the entry. Most other dictionaries haven't yet followed suit.
IMG-20230730-WA0012.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I’ve been fooled by that website all summer. Somehow they grabbed the domain liverpool.com, giving a false air of officialdom, that they represent the club or city. They have a nerd who’s been able to manipulate or buy their way to the top of searches.

Constantly churning out baseless bull or clickbait from other liars. Last to the party on anything meaningful.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
I’ve only ever seen it used light heartedly eg cartoons for angry disapproval.

In the States, is it now cancelled as a figure of speech?
It has certain... connotations... Just be careful how and when you use it. Or to be safer, just don't use it. Especially in the States. I know these things can lost in translation and I am pretty sure you mean it in the "good" usage, but just be careful.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Shame that only Chelsea are in for him. Means getting the 100m will be difficult. I wonder if we will say no to 80m until the transfer window closes or if we give in because Moises kicks up a big stink.
I have not seen him kick up a stink ever during his time here. The only people that did were his agents. Someone would do the kid a big favor by persuading him to get some better agents that look out for him as a person and not just their bank balance.

Freestyler

Jul 29, 2023
I have not seen him kick up a stink ever during his time here. The only people that did were his agents. Someone would do the kid a big favor by persuading him to get some better agents that look out for him as a person and not just their bank balance.
Are you telling me you think he would be happy to stay with us rather than going to a big club???

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It has certain... connotations... Just be careful how and when you use it. Or to be safer, just don't use it. Especially in the States. I know these things can lost in translation and I am pretty sure you mean it in the "good" usage, but just be careful.
Bugs Bunny has a lot to answer for.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Of course.

In the States we steer clear of anything ‘internal’. My daughter has twice wanted to criticise Trump to eg border officials .. I made it plain to butt out!

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Are you telling me you think he would be happy to stay with us rather than going to a big club???
From a soccer perspective only the champions league clubs should be attracting him.
Look, he is 21, has had one full EPL season and has not played in Europe. To stay at Brighton for one more season and play Europa league for a team that will likely be close to the euro spots again and that suit his style is hardly going to plateau his career. That is a good progression for him. If anything, Chelsea is a step back this coming season as he still won't have gained European experience on his CV.
A good agent will tell him that and keep an eye on moves to clubs that give him a step up from that next season.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Of course.

In the States we steer clear of anything ‘internal’. My daughter has twice wanted to criticise Trump to eg border officials .. I made it plain to butt out!
Is that butt, ass, arse, fanny, bum etc?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
meanwhile over on twitter the Chelsea fanbase are getting excited about signing a 15 year old from Newcastle who we were interested in. I don't get it. if they're so massive and we are such a small club why are they so bothered

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here