[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I don’t think the club will care tbh.

I get the impression that for those ITK, the departure of Caicedo is a forgone conclusion.

Now that Rice’s transfer has ‘set’ the market for this window, the club will know exactly how much they want and how much they are likely to get.

It’s been clear for a while that Chelsea will not be signing Caicedo in June as they look to balance their FFP deficit for the last 3 years. However, next week is July and with Man Utd and Arsenal interested, Chelsea will be paying top, top dollar for our boy. The signing of Enzo Fernandez and Mudryk should tell you all you need to know about The Todd splashing the cash, imagine how much he’d be willing to pay for a player who is actually ‘proved’ in the EPL and has stats to back up the fact that there are very, very few better than him at what he does in the world.

They’ll stump up a nine figure fee next week and he’ll be gone by the 10th July. Best get that ‘goodbye’ highlights reel finished.
I believe the club have come.down hard on information leaks previously

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I believe the club have come.down hard on information leaks previously
I mean RDZ literally said he will leave this summer before the season had even finished !

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That’s because he’s leaving. Some still don’t get it.
Everyone gets it. Your guess is no better than anybody else's.

Some of us just believe that Bloom won't sell unless the price is met, that's all. Put it this way: if the best offer we get is the £70m we've already been offered, I don't believe we'll sell. If we are offered £70m up front and £15-20m in add-ons, he'll go.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
However, next week is July and with Man Utd and Arsenal interested, Chelsea will be paying top, top dollar for our boy.
With Rice > Arsenal and Mount > Man Utd now pretty much done deals, I’m not so sure either of those clubs will still be in the market for Moises.

My gut is that it’s now Chelsea or nothing. And certainly there’s no ‘bidding war’ between the three, if ever there was. So once Chelsea match a figure Tony is ok with, he’s off.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Having gone for and then backed out of Rice so they are clearly looking for another CM, I am amazed City are not in for Caicedo.

The only reason I can think is that different to Chelsea and United, they are good negotiators. They have limits and are very sensible about the price they play for players. They know we can and will drive a hard bargain and they would probably have to pay more than they think he's worth to get him so don't want to get involved.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I understand people who were hoping for a bidding war BUT Chelsea have lost Kante, Mount and Kovacic they are absolutely desperate now for a new central midfielder, the fans are getting very twitchy. They really need Caicedo now and that means we can set a real premium price.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I understand people who were hoping for a bidding war BUT Chelsea have lost Kante, Mount and Kovacic they are absolutely desperate now for a new central midfielder, the fans are getting very twitchy. They really need Caicedo now and that means we can set a real premium price.
How much? I would want £60 million + Colwill + extras, but I would prefer that he stays.

I would value Caicedo at more than that.

Last edited:

John Doe

May 14, 2023
How much? I would want £60 million + Colwill + extras, but I would prefer that he stays.

I would value Caicedo at more than that.
£60m + Colwill on loan + achievable bonuses of about 20?

Uhm, remove Colwill and I'm sure the board would happily snap your hand off for that deal

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
With Rice > Arsenal and Mount > Man Utd now pretty much done deals, I’m not so sure either of those clubs will still be in the market for Moises.

My gut is that it’s now Chelsea or nothing. And certainly there’s no ‘bidding war’ between the three, if ever there was. So once Chelsea match a figure Tony is ok with, he’s off.

Mount often plays in around the striker. Caicedo is imho a totally different type of player.

He’s far better than his equivalents of McTominay and Fred.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
According to all reports we are looking to pay around £80m and will probably max out at £90m

You have no hope of Colwill being included tho, so it's best that you kill that dream
Long contract could be 10 years, or 4 times the length of Trossard career left. MORE £

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
According to all reports we are looking to pay around £80m and will probably max out at £90m

You have no hope of Colwill being included tho, so it's best that you kill that dream
To be honest Colwill has a long way to go in his development, great on the ball but more work required defensively IMO. Think if things go pear shaped, he’ll fall out of favour.

Would take £90m plus add-ons. Caicedo is way ahead of Rice, but not English.

Edit - reading The Athletic, apparently Colwill in talks with Chelsea around future.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports