Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Talk of Chelsea is very laid back lately on nsc in Caicedo chats, I can’t see any spitting hate.

Whilst last August they were absolutely loathed in this parish, “scummy club” “scummy, racist fans” “always hated them”. Anger that Boehly was on a spending spree that included Cucu.

Perhaps I’m wrong, but I detect a chilled air about Caicedo signing for them.
…….mostly because we all know if it’s Chelsea, then the fee will be stupid and we’ll get Colwill

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The thing is if Moises ends up going to Chelsea, it doesn't guarantee them any success next season.
Just looked what agent Potter and Fat Frank have done, with all those so called top players....F-ALL
Potch coming in and being given millions to spend won't change things overnight.
Moises might as well stay with us!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I see them as different players. Rice is a powerful runner with the ball in a way we've not really seen from Caicedo, who excels at breaking up opposition attacks.

I can understand why both Arsenal and Chelsea have been linked with both players. Having the insurance policy of Moises Caicedo behind him would give Rice more freedom going forward. I think they'd complement each other very well.
'Ricedo' as 'they' are called by some Gooners 🤣🤣🤣

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I disagree with this.

Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea are apparently rebuilding their midfields. Man Utd and Man City could possibly be in the market too.

With Arsenal and Chelsea, some transfer commentators are saying they are after two central midfielders (Arsenal: Rice & Caicedo & Chelsea: Lavia & Caicedo).

I think it’ll be a seller’s market in the EPL this summer with Bellingham to Madrid, seemingly done, there will surely be bidding wars for World Class midfielders like our Ecuadorian boy.

Ideally, this will mean Chelsea have to sell us Colwill but we’ll still get £50m+ in cash for Moises if there is an exchange. Selling to a non-top 6 club means we are not strengthening our direct competition.
What about Colwill, Gallagher and 10M?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Chelsea can't score goals. Can't see Caicado being the solution to that. I suppose if Kovacic and Kante goes there is space there, but they aren't getting any money from those 2 leaving. Surely priority is a striker if they've got any room for maneuver with FFP. We're in the driving seat for sure, Colwill plus £50odd million or £90m

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Is this best we can hope for one and half seasons for our first team young players that excel in the game. Every club has known Rice is a talent for a few seasons and no one has seem bothered to try and sign him until now. Our players seem fair game after a season bids will come for Mitoma at some point during the summer. Next January will it be Adingra, Enciso or Pedro if they perform or keep performing at this level It’s all getting a tad ridiculous.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is this best we can hope for one and half seasons for our first team young players that excel in the game. Every club has known Rice is a talent for a few seasons and no one has seem bothered to try and sign him until now. Our players seem fair game after a season bids will come for Mitoma at some point during the summer. Next January will it be Adingra, Enciso or Pedro if they perform or keep performing at this level It’s all getting a tad ridiculous.
Do you have a solution?

This is uncharted territory for us. When we sold White we got more money for him than the combined total for every player we had sold previously. Ever. Then we doubled that, and some, with Cucurella.

At some point, when we start winning things, we may keep our great talents at the club bit longer.

In the meantime we have a first world problem.

As for Rice, their one prize player, two seasons in Europe, been at the club since he was a foetus.....more a Dunk than an Enciso. And Dunk was a Chelsea supporter. To imply Wet Sham can do what we can't is false equivalence.

I'd compare us to Stains when they had an eye for a player, albeit our recruitment is better, and our achievement (this season) better. Manager better. Owner better. The closest Stains have got to Europe is the ferry to Ryde.

Meanwhile we have a ticket to ride. Tish.....boom.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's wearing though, H. Wee Brighton do all the hard yards then the 'big 6' plonk themselves down on a sofa in front of our storefront and prepare to browse. Please substitute 'BHA' for 'Scottish' in Mark Renton's rant below:

It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the f***ing Earth! The most wretched miserable servile pathetic trash that was ever shat on civilization. Some people hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonized by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to get colonized by. We're ruled by effete a**holes. It's a shite state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and all the fresh air in the world won't make any f***ing difference!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If I was in charge of that negotiation I'd flat out refuse to even listen to Chelsea's offers if they weren't prepared to let Colwill come back the other way in a deal. Play hard ball.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Can we please, please stop offering caicedo up for a swap deal with Colwill?

Its stupid. It's pushing out the door our least replaceable player to get a player who has been replaceable this season.

Yes Colwill is good with a lot of potential but caicedo is better and still has plenty more potential himself.

By keep saying colwill and 50m for caicedo were making the colwill deal contingent on losing our star player.

There should be NO mention of colwill at any point if Chelsea make an offer. Separate deals entirely.

And frankly if Chelsea come in for caicedo they should be told to f*** off. Repeatedly.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think at some stage we are gonna have to break into the big league of wages. 150k+ a week ...this will be the only way we can keep the caciedos that extra one or two seasons.

Tony doesn't do it at the moment to keep harmony in the squad but it doesn't seem to adversely impact palace with zaha and even Liverpool with Salah who both get paid a lot more than the rest of the squad.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I think a lot hinges on where Declan Rice ends up. The absolute worst case scenario is him going to Bayern. If that happens then there is zero chance we keep Moises. I think best case Rice goes to Arsenal, meaning they hopefully can’t afford both. That leaves us in a strong negotiating position with Chelsea as we can use the Colwill situation to our advantage or tell them to f*** off

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's wearing though, H. Wee Brighton do all the hard yards then the 'big 6' plonk themselves down on a sofa in front of our storefront and prepare to browse. Please substitute 'BHA' for 'Scottish' in Mark Renton's rant below:

It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the f***ing Earth! The most wretched miserable servile pathetic trash that was ever shat on civilization. Some people hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonized by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to get colonized by. We're ruled by effete a**holes. It's a shite state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and all the fresh air in the world won't make any f***ing difference!
But it’s precisely the strategy TB has put in place.…….he’s playing the big clubs for their money to preserve our sustainability.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I think at some stage we are gonna have to break into the big league of wages. 150k+ a week ...this will be the only way we can keep the caciedos that extra one or two seasons.

Tony doesn't do it at the moment to keep harmony in the squad but it doesn't seem to adversely impact palace with zaha and even Liverpool with Salah who both get paid a lot more than the rest of the squad.
That's also the way for it to go badly wrong, all it takes is one poor season with players on those wages and we could be back to the wilderness for years.

The most important thing is they we're sustainable. We can't compete with the big 6 on wages while Tony Bloom is our owner.

Just be happy that we're seeing the quality of Mac, Caicedo, Enciso etc for a couple of years of their career, and look forward to the next one coming through.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I’ve posted this before but I’ll post it again.
Finishing 6th, fantastic
Our recruitment over the last few years, fantastic
Club business model, fantastic

But at some point, in order to compete consistently at the level we currently find ourselves at and strive for on a regular basis we’re going to need to hang onto our best players. And this means ponying up bigger salaries.
I thought Trossard would be our first £100k a week player, but he f***ed off.
Unearthing these talents has a finite length, at some point thsee ponds will dry up but the big clubs will keep fishing our talent.

Perhaps we should be offering Caicedo another contract extension(and of course a pay rise), to show our ambition and belief that we’re aiming to establish ourselves as a club that plays in Europe for more than one season

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
If your only choice was Chelsea this summer, and you’re as young and good as Moises is then surely you’d do another season with us in Europe rather than joining them on a non European season & then revisit things next summe
Don't really understand why playing in Europe for a fraction of the wages offered by Chelsea would be preferable for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here