Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I mean I'd respect it way more for sure.
Is anyone at our club seriously considering that it is a heartfelt message when our manager only on Saturday said he'd already forgotten about Caicedo?

The bloke means fck all to me now. Glad we got record money for him but I'm not interested in his tedious soppy social media bollocks. I'm not sure I am willing him to be another complete flop, but I'll enjoy it if that is what happens.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Is anyone at our club seriously considering that it is a heartfelt message when our manager only on Saturday said he'd already forgotten about Caicedo?

The bloke means fck all to me now. Glad we got record money for him but I'm not interested in his tedious soppy social media bollocks. I'm not sure I am willing him to be another complete flop, but I'll enjoy it if that is what happens.

The sell on clause means I think I want him to succeed.

In all seriousness, I have very little care about these people these days. There are stalwarts in the team that hold affection from me - dunk, March, gross etc but the rest are ships passing in the night.

Loved watching cucrealla and caicedo, but knew there was no loyalty.

I guess that's why bruno going hurt, even though logically it made sense to do so.

We'll have to expect that mitoma, enciso etc will be next.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
It's only been Chelsea, or Man Utd, or Arsenal.

I've seen some Chelsea fans questioning how long it will be before his agents start touting him around in Saudi for another big payout.
Say we get 15%. Chelsea sell him for 215 million thanks to oil inflation. Its another 3 future caicedos for us. Or a single bissouma.

They behaved badly but it did get chelsea from 60 million quid to 115. I wish I'd gone with an estate agent that did that type of price % rise on my last place

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I don't think we'll ever be in that league, tbh - it's all about wages at the end of the day. Any truly world class player won't stay with us for long, because Chelsea et al can always pay them far more than we will ever be able to.

I doubt we’re going to come close in the next five years, but what all globally popular sports “brands” (sorry) have in common is a legacy. A sustained period of us fighting for domestic and European trophies (especially if playing attractive and ‘brave’ football) will win us admirers globally.

It can be done, but it’s bloody tough and worse, the people who fought for the Amex and survival may eventually feel marginalised and overlooked by the club, who to keep the finances flowing may want to appeal to a new international fan base.

There’s usually a trade-off with global success and accusations of having sold your soul, and we’ve already read accounts on here from people who felt more connected to the club when they were in their plastic ponchos at the Withdean than they do now.

I find myself absolutely torn down the middle on this question of whether I would actually want the club to become a giant of the footballing world, or retain its connection to the local fan base. I have to say current ownership/management have got the balance about right to my mind, the man who’s taken all the risks (post Dick Knight) is Tony Bloom. I trust his judgement, and with regard to the club while he’s in charge, I’ll go where I’m led and take it on trust that he’s trying to do his best for the club, even if his actions may seem counterintuitive on the surface.

TBH we haven’t played a single European game yet, in the league we’ve finished in the European places once, I’m getting years ahead of myself. However, I’ve got to believe that by consistently maintaining/improving our finishing position, increasing our global reputation, and our brand of football becoming known and recognised, we start to become an attractive destination in our own right.

TLDR - if we can build our revenue streams, we can afford higher wages, and hope is important.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

In all seriousness, I have very little care about these people these days. There are stalwarts in the team that hold affection from me - dunk, March, gross etc but the rest are ships passing in the night.

I guess that's why bruno going hurt, even though logically it made sense to do so.

Yep. Some fans are going to be doing a LOT of booing if those deals go the same way this one has...

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Seeing these type of messages just make me dislike the players more. I rather they said nothing then insincere bollox
I'm sure it's not entirely insincere. He must have enjoyed playing here in such a great team in front of fans who clearly loved him. But agree with the post above also, the message is full of so many cliches it really does seem it's written by chatgpt. There's a way to leave (Ali Mac style) but if you don't feel you're getting or going where you want then there's the Sanchez/Tross/Moises way - c'est la vie.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Yep. Some fans are going to be doing a LOT of booing if those deals go the same way this one has...
Playing devil's advocate here.

If caicedo camp doesn't throw toys out if pram, does he move for the very high price that the club thought unachievable?

Reminder to all that he is very much a defensive midfielder. Historically these fees have gone for forwards or further forward midfielders.

I'd argue that rice, bellingham and enzo aren't DCM like him.

I think it's all distasteful, but they have at least secured a whopper fee. It's not like trossard who forced a cheaper sale.

As for the rest of the group of likelies to go next, i assume that mitoma will handle things with a bit more respect and that we have at least one more season with him. Ferguson the same really although he is so young we could have him around for a bit longer. Enciso also probably needs a couple more years.

Also depends on what we do as a team. Suspect we wont have a better chance of UCL than we did last year for a wee while, but who would have thought in 2021-22 that we would be this good as we are now.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Playing devil's advocate here.

If caicedo camp doesn't throw toys out if pram, does he move for the very high price that the club thought unachievable?

Reminder to all that he is very much a defensive midfielder. Historically these fees have gone for forwards or further forward midfielders.

I'd argue that rice, bellingham and enzo aren't DCM like him.

I think it's all distasteful, but they have at least secured a whopper fee. It's not like trossard who forced a cheaper sale.

As for the rest of the group of likelies to go next, i assume that mitoma will handle things with a bit more respect and that we have at least one more season with him. Ferguson the same really although he is so young we could have him around for a bit longer. Enciso also probably needs a couple more years.

Also depends on what we do as a team. Suspect we wont have a better chance of UCL than we did last year for a wee while, but who would have thought in 2021-22 that we would be this good as we are now.
Yes, IMO. Even gong back to Potter's time, his 'price tag' was very high.

Yes, the last stage of the theatrics meant that the club got more money for him than they may have thought, but I would say that's more down to Chelsea's/the agent's naivety, rather than a big grand plan to get him a big move.

Either way, I'm really not fussed. Players will come and go and I'll wish them on their way, regardless of how it ends. In this day and age of social media we get to hear more details about relationships between player and club, but we also probably get a distorted narrative. And that's why I can't stand Romano and pretenders to his crown - sowing seeds of division with every single tweet or post they publish.

In short, I take it all with a pinch of salt and would rather be positive about the current players, rather than negative about the old ones.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023

Somehow I expect Mitoma to depart in an honourable way that will keep my respect and affection. But Enciso? Nah, not so sure. I can see him scoring another 2 or 3 crackers this season followed by another Caicedo-style transfer saga next summer. Hope I’m wrong, obviously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here