Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Because nothing is actually happening apart from a couple of low ball bids, which were rejected and reported. Then two bids put in from two clubs one of which was accepted. It's drama to us, but not to the rest of the footballing world. It still comes under gossip. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66488336

Kane, on the other hand, has been a PL footballer for quite some time, England player and captain, is finally made his move abroad. That is international news, not local drama.
A British record transfer is usually regarded as big news!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yes, but that's nothing to do with the odd thing that the main media isn't all over this saga 24/7.
There was plenty of mentions across main stream media on Friday when the news broke we'd accepted the record bid from Liverpool. There was then plenty of coverage of Moises saying he only wanted Chelsea and wasn't going to go to Liverpool. Since then there has been nothing to report other than noise from the normal clickbait merchants on twitter.

I don't think Sky Sport News need an hourly update from someone stood outside Stamford Bridge reporting that nothing is happening.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
OK, British record transfer BID.

Don't know why you're arguing so hard - it's a huge footballing news story that is generating much less noise on mainstream media than you'd expect. Well, OK, not you .............
I thought the coverage on Friday morning was quite extensive, although it was sharing the sporting headlines with the story about the England football captain's possible move to Germany. Quite understandable, I think.

Then the whole story became a bit farcical and people focused on the start of the Premier League season.

When the deal is struck and done and dusted, I'm sure there'll be enough coverage to keep us all happy.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Its not 150, don't forget we have to pay something like 20% in fees back to caicedo's old club. Do you think we would be better off keeping Ali Mac and Caicedo on good terms building their talents more and more into how we play or starting again with the money?
We didn't have a choice though did we. The best bit is Caicedo is said to have agreed a Chelsea contract in May :eek:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Historically Chelsea were a big Club....These days they are on the wane, last season 12th in the League with 44 points. Brighton are the reverse .. Historically an also ran, between Leagues... Nowadays an established Prem side, one of the teams all teams fear finishing 8th with 18 more points than Chelsea last season. I am sorry to see Moises go and maybe he will do well at Chelsea(if thats where he is going) or maybe he will like Potter and Cucurella fail !! Time will tell !!

Bald Head

Jul 20, 2022
Brighton
It'll be nice for The Good Lady Bloom.

I bet she can't wait to stop looking for bargains in Aldi's aisle of uncertainty and start shopping in Waitrose.
I see John W Henry and members of FSG are flying in today, Maybe to meet Tony Bloom .Could add to the intrigue.(sorry not meant as reply to you).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm glad they're not. This Chelsea fillibustering has been going on for three months now.
They should either pay up or shut up. Barber and Bloom are right to make a stand on this.
BBC site suggest £115 and an 8 year contract, but that unless money is up front we won't agree (The Liverpool deal is, by contrast, acceptable).

I agree that if Moises cocks this up he should be left to rot. I suspect that if he is that stupid this will happen.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
How does losing two exceptional players, and bringing in new players that are not as good and do not yet fully understand our style of play make us stronger than ever?

Hardly fair to compare a free transfer signing with mac and Caicedo when we still have so much of the money to spend.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
are you suggesting that they didnt play to their full ability last year? Again how does losing them make us stronger?
No, I'm not suggesting that and I don't know how came to that conclusion from what I said.

I'm simply pointing out that losing Caicedo is absolutely a loss in terms of his ability but also a net positive in that we now do not have a player in the squad who doesn't want to be here.

Ali Mac, same thing, though less so because he at least handled his exit gracefully.

So the squad may be weaker but the group is stronger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here