Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
...and I am sure you will acknowledge that SoL were way off the mark.....
Way off the mark no, the majority of those long serving Albion fans, like many others, just wanted the thing to come to an end, even if that meant taking slightly less than a £100 million, it was becoming counter productive and potentially damaging to the start of the campaign, a season where there can be no margin for error with what’s on the horizon.

All power to Tony’s elbow, he’s come through again, they thought Mike Bamber shocked football when he got Cloughie to come to the Goldstone, this has usurped it.

Whilst I’m genuinely surprised that Moises, with his age and experience, has set a new British transfer record, with the £35 million Liverpool previously paid for Alexis, over the two deals both parties will be satisfied, we’ve got £146 million and they’ve got two potentially world class midfielders.

Balance sheet wise, can anyone, even the critics against SOL and myself a couple of days ago, say that in the space of two months Moises is £76 million better than Alexis?

Crazy times.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
That's a staggering fee.

It's also a huge loss in the heart of our team. I don't think we'll find a player who can do what caicedo does as well as he does it but with that money we should be able to find a half decent replacement who can also bring other talents to the team.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
111m far too cheap. Liverpool going for the title. Have we peeked? Gutted, but equally what a privilige thrill he wore an Albion shirt and I have seen him in the flesh not just on TV play world class. Absolute delight, but Im still gutted as a fan I wanna see footballers, but acknowledge as a gambler Bloom keeps picking the right numbers at the roulette table of recruitment. UTA
I feel the pain but, come on, far too cheap? The only players anywhere, ever to cost more were Neymar and Kylian Mbappe. Let that sink in. £111m is incredible money for a player who is primarily defensive.

Ultimately, no-one is irreplaceable. It might take a blend of a couple of midfielders to overcome the loss of Caicedo but if anyone can find a way of playing to cope with it, you'd back De Zerbi - and if anyone can find the right players to do that you'd back our recruitment team.

I'll temper my expectations for the season. Maybe even accept that the rich clubs have shown it's now impossible to break their stranglehold because they'll just use their cash to rip apart any challengers - but, still, the bigger picture is better than we could ever have dreamed about, even a couple of years ago.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Way off the mark no, the majority of those long serving Albion fans, like many others, just wanted the thing to come to an end, even if that meant taking slightly less than a £100 million, it was becoming counter productive and potentially damaging to the start of the campaign, a season where there can be no margin for error with what’s on the horizon.

All power to Tony’s elbow, he’s come through again, they thought Mike Bamber shocked football when he got Cloughie to come to the Goldstone, this has usurped it.

Whilst I’m genuinely surprised that Moises, with his age and experience, has set a new British transfer record, with the £35 million Liverpool previously paid for Alexis, over the two deals both parties will be satisfied, we’ve got £146 million and they’ve got two potentially world class midfielders.

Balance sheet wise, can anyone, even the critics against SOL and myself a couple of days ago, say that in the space of two months Moises is £76 million better than Alexis?

Crazy times.
Agree. It’s absolutely insane. Football is insane. The fact we’re involved is insane! :)

mile oak

May 21, 2023
I feel the pain but, come on, far too cheap? The only players anywhere, ever to cost more were Neymar and Kylian Mbappe. Let that sink in. £111m is incredible money for a player who is primarily defensive.

Ultimately, no-one is irreplaceable. It might take a blend of a couple of midfielders to overcome the loss of Caicedo but if anyone can find a way of playing to cope with it, you'd back De Zerbi - and if anyone can find the right players to do that you'd back our recruitment team.

I'll temper my expectations for the season. Maybe even accept that the rich clubs have shown it's now impossible to break their stranglehold because they'll just use their cash to rip apart any challengers - but, still, the bigger picture is better than we could ever have dreamed about, even a couple of years ago.
I srand by what ive said but also respect your remarks make a lot of sense. I just come to watch us win everything and feel the pain losing top talent maybe when a replacement arrives I feel better.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
IMO the best player to ever play for us, really sad to see him to but it’s the right time, as amazing as he is we can’t reject that sort of money and keeping a clearly unhappy player over and over again could potentially irk other players.

Praying the replacement is already lined up, otherwise we are going to face the same problem as West Ham with extortionate fees being paid quoted.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I can't see that Caicedo warrants a boo from us, he hadn't put a transfer request in as Cucurella did, but has maybe been a bit too honest with people when asked about his future, if he had grown up in a PL academy he would have had media training and been a bit more discreet.
Agreed. Definitely won’t boo him. He’s young and probably getting badly advised at times

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Both Sky Sports and BBC saying the fee is £111m now!!! WHAT THE f***!? Sky Sports also saying we have put a sell on clause within the deal. Tony Bloom has absolutely smashed this one...
I would be very surprised at a sell on clause at £110m tbh, unless it’s a pint of Fosters and some pork scratchings!

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Agreed. Definitely won’t boo him. He’s young and probably getting badly advised at times
Or brilliantly advised. Depends which way you look at it. He’s now playing CL football, challenging for the PL, playing for a big club and on huge wages.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Or brilliantly advised. Depends which way you look at it. He’s now playing CL football, challenging for the PL, playing for a big club and on huge wages.

Liverpool are Europa this season not CL

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
If it goes through he’ll be the 3rd most expensive player in football history, according to TalkSport. Crikey.

mile oak

May 21, 2023

Crazy times.
Best youve ever seen H? Better than Lawrenson Horton Wardy et all?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
sad he’s going but this alone makes it tolerable
IMG_1170.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here