Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No - they might pull the finance if it’s not proving to be a success as part of their Saudi Vision 2030. This was from the mouth of an in the know Saudi journalist. They just don’t know how it’s going to go.
I think they’ll try to go down the Liv/golf route - disrupt football enough so that the major leagues end up joining forces with them.

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
The article about Oscar in China was fascinating and highlighted the pitfalls of such long contracts in those leagues when the bubble bursts.
Do you have a link to that or remember where it was published please? I’d really like to read it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think they’ll try to go down the Liv/golf route - disrupt football enough so that the major leagues end up joining forces with them.
Unlike golf though where there are no supporters, the football fans will not stomach that kind of fake arrangement. If the opposition to the so called super League was great, imagine if the Saudis tried something like that with European leagues.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Unlike golf though where there are no supporters, the football fans will not stomach that kind of fake arrangement. If the opposition to the so called super League was great, imagine if the Saudis tried something like that with European leagues.
Agreed…..too tribal for it to work. What they might end up with though is control of our game.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Very true, but as long as he’s getting paid at all then the same theory holds true.

If he’s there for a year and pockets £10,000,000 before it goes bust then he’ll be able to move for (next to) nothing and whoever signs him probably gives him a massive chunk of that saved transfer fee as a signing on bonus.
He will be valued significantly less though. He will be a couple of years older, only one full EPL season and still no European experience. I am sure top clubs wouldn't take the risk then as there will be others available at that point in time who have a better pedigree and proven record. He will probably get a move to a mid table EPL side willing to take a punt that he still has it and have to prove himself for another season or two.

But we know he is in it for the quick buck, as his interest in Chelsea shows. So, who knows!?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Part of me thinks our Tony is so good at this business we’ll end up with £100m and a couple of oil wells for good measure

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I feel like I must have slept through the whole of last season, as I confess I can't remember Lavia doing anything of note, yet somehow every big club seems to be all over him. The only thing I can recall about him is the way he was bullied by Mitoma, of all people, to set up the goal against Southampton at home (Ferguson?).

Is he really that good?
The only thing I remember is him getting wafted out of the way by the muscle bound herculean might of Mitoma before he crossed for Evan.

Good stats on Champ manager I reckon.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I honestly believe that won't happen. I hope not anyway.
It's possibly happening already.

Unless I'm Elevery PL club gets one vote at the table for big decisions and a majority of 14 is needed to pass.

I can see a time when enough club owners (Americans, Saudi sympathisers) could band together to pass through ideas like overseas fixtures.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Unless I'm Elevery PL club gets one vote at the table for big decisions and a majority of 14 is needed to pass.

I can see a time when enough club owners (Americans, Saudi sympathisers) could band together to pass through ideas like overseas fixtures.
Again, I think fans of all the clubs will kick off big time and scupper that.

Reactions: cjd

gabrielnrg

Jan 21, 2023
Okey, so my message was also a little over sensitive, and I apologize. I say it, because of the DRAMATIC situation going on in my country since the last couple years. I am on my nerves.
Let me explain my view on the Niño Moi's situation:

1. Look how Ecuador and its coast town's are doing on the news. It is a social distress that British people can not even understand (sorry) and that has been banalized very hard by media. In few words, people die from curable diseases, your life is constantly at risk do to gang and narco violence, the police repression is brutal, there is absolutely no chance for a kid like him (black and poor) if it wasn't for soccer to scape that reality. And he is one in a million that manages to do it. Literally.
2. Caicedo is achieving the dream of SO many young people by playing in the PL. He is an abslute icon, regarded by everyone that would like to be in his place. Yet, because of the marketing and press attention that the Big 6 get, going to Chelsea (wich I personally think is terrible idea) would be regarded as major step-up. He feels he needs to achieve this goal in the name of those who cannot.
3. Therefore, even if he feels grateful to Brigton (as he have stated) other factors are playing in his decision making: the pressure from media, his agents, even Independiente del Valle, and just regular people in Ecuador that wants a local playing for a major brand like Chelsea.
4. Finally, like many others have said, If you were not major fans of Brighton (which he is not and that is perfectly logic) you would take the money, just like everyone surviving in this horrible world. So I don't think you should be that hard on him and expect him to behave any different.
5. I forgot: HE IS JUST A KID.

Having said that I PERSONALLY BELIEVE THE BEST THING HE CAN DO IS REMAIN AT BRIGHTON.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Won’t be allowed to , government football bill will ban it

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Okey, so my message was also a little over sensitive, and I apologize. I say it, because of the DRAMATIC situation going on in my country since the last couple years. I am on my nerves.

1. Look how Ecuador and its coast town's are doing on the news. It is a social distress that British people can not even understand (sorry) and that has been banalized very hard by media. In few words, people die from curable diseases, your life is constantly at risk do to gang and narco violence, the police repression is brutal, there is absolutely no chance for a kid like him (black and poor) if it wasn't for soccer to scape that reality. And he is one in a million that manages to do it. Literally.
2. Caicedo is achieving the dream of SO many young people by playing in the PL. He is an abslute icon, regarded by everyone that would like to be in his place. Yet, because of the marketing and press attention that the Big 6 get, going to Chelsea (wich I personally think is terrible idea) would be regarded as major step-up. He feels he needs to achieve this goal in the name of those who cannot.
3. Therefore, even if he feels grateful to Brigton (as he have stated) other factors are playing in his decision making: the pressure from media, his agents, even Independiente del Valle, and just regular people in Ecuador that wants a local playing for a major brand like Chelsea.
4. Finally, like many others have said, If you were not major fans of Brighton (which he is not and that is perfectly logic) you would take the money, just like everyone surviving in this horrible world. So I don't think you should be that hard on him and expect him to behave any different.

Having said that I PERSONALLY BELIEVE THE BEST THING HE CAN DO IS REMAIN AT BRIGHTON.
All these major Brighton fans would all absolutely take the money as well mate. I'd be out of the kitchen so fast my wife would still be spinning when I arrived at my 8 star Saudi Hotel complex.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Aware of much of this, one of my former colleagues is married to an Ecuadorian - it’s terrible. As well as the emotive reasons, I also think Independiente are due 20% of any sell-on price, so they’re looking at a 20m windfall…..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here