Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, you’re not. I chuckled at the result and hope Chelsea mess up big time, but I feel sad for Caicedo.
Yes, I know he went for the money, but we don’t appreciate the abject poverty he came from, and the emotional blackmail his agents used on him. He will succeed eventually because he’s very talented, but. I wish he’d stayed with us for another season to adjust and experience European football, and learn a bit more about the PL. He’s still naive, imo, and this stinking publicity isn’t going to do him any favours.
The 'abject poverty' was solved in his season and a half at Brighton!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Just listening to the Totally Football pod and one guy was flabbergasted at the Caicedo fee, seeing him as a run-of-the-mill midfielder who he'd never seen run a game ???

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
1692701075928.png

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I do not believe that is a genuine image. Someone has taken the NorthStandChat tweet and edited it to make it look like it came from the official club feed:

(Unless one of the other OfficialBHAFC social media accounts just stole the tweet, but there is a suspicious looking shadow/line near the top of the image that you sometimes get when badly editing an image)

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Just listening to the Totally Football pod and one guy was flabbergasted at the Caicedo fee, seeing him as a run-of-the-mill midfielder who he'd never seen run a game ???
Benji Lanyado - big West Ham fan and usually quite sensible but he talked absolute shit yesterday - made me want to shout at the speaker to put him right!

He said he'd watched Caicedo a few times but never seen him dominate a game and that the Rice price was justifiable but Caicedo was massively overpriced. Now he would definitely have watched our game with West Ham at the end of the 2021/2022 season and both games between Brighton and West Ham last season so either he has an incredibly short memory or he was being deliberately obtuse.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Benji Lanyado - big West Ham fan and usually quite sensible but he talked absolute shit yesterday - made me want to shout at the speaker to put him right!

He said he'd watched Caicedo a few times but never seen him dominate a game and that the Rice price was justifiable but Caicedo was massively overpriced. Now he would definitely have watched our game with West Ham at the end of the 2021/2022 season and both games between Brighton and West Ham last season so either he has an incredibly short memory or he was being deliberately obtuse.

I had a feeling he was a West Ham fan. Someone should send him a video of Rice's shell-shocked post-match interview.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Tbh I feel sorry for him. He was great for us. Hope he bounce back to shut those twitter trolls, and Chelsea to end up bottom half.
I can't wish him personally to do badly, as for Chelsea just miss out on Europe again that will do me

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It occurred to me earlier - Bridcutt mk 2 ? Most of us were convinced at the time Liam would have a fantastic career. Poyet saying he was good enough for Real Madrid etc.

But really he just looked very good in a fairly limited role / certain system ?

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I don't think many here would disagree with this assessment.

“Caicedo signed for Chelsea when he was linked with Liverpool, just like Romeo Lavia. I’m not going to say anything stupid but we all know why they went to Chelsea. Sportingly, the best decision right now would be to go to Liverpool. If I am Caicedo or Lavia, I’m going to Liverpool instead of Chelsea because I can’t see a clear plan for what is going on at Chelsea. Thirty-five players? Come on. How many players do they need? It’s going to be a nightmare just like what happened last season.”

“When you look at Liverpool there is one area in particular that needs to be upgraded and that is the midfield area even though they signed new players in Szoboszlai and Mac Allister. If I was Caicedo I would have signed for Liverpool because I would reunite with Mac Allister and I would play with less pressure because so many of their midfield players have left the club. For me the answer is very easy. If you ask somebody why Caicedo and Lavia decided to go to Chelsea, the answer is just money. Money talks for the clubs and for the players.”

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

He must've forgotten about this...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here