Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is Gary Dicker?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Surprised he's had to drop so low to get a 'deal'. Still I guess it puts him in the shop window. As David Burke was saying the other day, footballers, with the implementation of FFP, are having to lower their demands as clubs tighten their belts.

Good luck Gary, always came across as a nice lad. :)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Seem to remember his name from the game i came down to, Seaguls 4-1 Huddersfield,ulloa hat-trick i think it was.

You won't be disappointed that's for sure. Just look at all the comments on this thread. I happen to think he's a decent Championship player, but even those on here that think he's just a good League One player will agree that he should boss League Two games. Lovely player to watch. Good luck for the season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He scored last time we played at Rochdale, didn't he? A completely out-of-character thumping header.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Good luck, Gary. Agree with others ... too good for League 2, but hopefully a stepping stone to League football at a minimum.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Well his good times were a couple of years ago since when he has had a major operation and done very little since.

Money is scarce everywhere and he will need to take what is going and remember the good days with us. He is very unlikely to experience the same again.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Rochdale's a decent club, and Dicker is an honest player with some ability. Good for both of them , I'd say.

Porkydale

Jun 6, 2011
Thanks for all the info and replies ,just hope he plays to his full potential and helps us get up the league and also gets him in the shop window to a return to where he obviously belongs.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
He was great for us in league 1,playing alongside Kish and Benno we murdered other midfields.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
too good for league 2.....not good enough for Championship.
I was really surprised Gillingham didnt give him a contract - think they missed a trick.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
A good solid hard working Pro. Not really good enough for us looking to get elevated out of this div but way too good for a L2 team. As others have said he's fit well into any L1 side and a good number in Championship too.

Hope he does well wherever he ends up

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A 5 month contract should be enough to get him back into the shop window for the January transfer market. Keith Hill is a decent manager too.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
surprised he didn't get a move in the championship team, could do a job for someone like Barnsley or burnley

I don't think he wants to move up north on a permanent basis.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Like many posters, I am surprised that he has had to drop down to league 2.

He could do a job for a club at the bottom end of the championship like, Millwall or Sheffield Wednesday :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here