Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Alexis going? (Liverpool - for an undisclosed fee...)

Where is Alexis going?

• Total voters

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Consummate professional? ???

Having your dad meet representatives of other clubs whilst your employed by another club, then inserting a clause that allows your immediate transfer when the said club comes in, knowing this clause, is hardly professional is it.

Especially if it's dictated the price we can get back for them.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Consummate professional? ???

Having your dad meet representatives of other clubs whilst your employed by another club, then inserting a clause that allows your immediate transfer when the said club comes in, knowing this clause, is hardly professional is it.
So are you alleging that MacAllister broke contract rules ? What’s your evidence ? Can you please share it with someone actually involved in the negotiations to confirm rather than making unsubstantiated allegations on the internet ? The facts are that neither you nor I know anything about it and it’s not our money anyway. Just so I know are you going to kick off every time the club sell a player for a price you (with all your knowledge of the deal) deems too low ? Is this really the state of elements of our support now ?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Parroting? Bollocks! £35M has been reported - some think this is true, others are putting forward various hypothetical arguments to 'prove' it isn't - but if it is true then it is peanuts.

But of course, you're right. Nobody should dare to question those NSCers with inside knowledge who know exactly how much the add-ons come to!
More significantly, nobody should question the club's motives and reasoning. Whatever clauses were put in Ally Mac's contract before the World Cup, it was done for a reason. I'm willing to believe that PB and TB knew what they were doing. The player helped us to our best finish ever, we have strength in depth at his position (and maybe some of them can hit a cow's backside with a banjo, which Mac Allister proved largely incapable of except from the penalty spot after coming back from Qatar) and now we wait to see who we bring in. Even if we didn't make another signing I'd feel reasonably confident with Moder, Lallana, Sarmiento and Lamptey fit. If Caicedo goes, of course, he'll be harder to replace ...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
More significantly, nobody should question the club's motives and reasoning. Whatever clauses were put in Ally Mac's contract before the World Cup, it was done for a reason. I'm willing to believe that PB and TB knew what they were doing. The player helped us to our best finish ever, we have strength in depth at his position (and maybe some of them can hit a cow's backside with a banjo, which Mac Allister proved largely incapable of except from the penalty spot after coming back from Qatar) and now we wait to see who we bring in. Even if we didn't make another signing I'd feel reasonably confident with Moder, Lallana, Sarmiento and Lamptey fit. If Caicedo goes, of course, he'll be harder to replace ...
So, do you think £35M was a good price for Mac then? Sorry, but I don't. Even he/his dad wanted a clause in the contract allowing a quick exit this summer, £50M surely wouldn't have put buyers off.
Liverpool fans also think they've robbed us!

Hopefully the suggestions of substantial add-ons are on the money!

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
So, do you think £35M was a good price for Mac then? Sorry, but I don't. Even he/his dad wanted a clause in the contract allowing a quick exit this summer, £50M surely wouldn't have put buyers off.
Liverpool fans also think they've robbed us!

Hopefully the suggestions of substantial add-ons are on the money!
Ironic who you've asked, an actual writer/journalist. Stop parroting.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's a lot of people on here looking for an excuse for some reason - however flimsy - to be disappointed or let down by ...checks notes...the club widely known as having the sharpest transfer / recruitment / leadership team on er, the planet.
Indeed - it's slightly bizarre. It's as some people think we've suddenly gone from being one of the best, if not the best, to a club that just lets our key players walk away on the cheap.

If it helps anyone currently fretting, this is a copy and paste line from an email discussion I had today with someone quite senior at the club "I’ve not seen a number out there yet that properly or accurately reflects any of our transfer deal structures in any way."

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
There's a lot of people on here looking for an excuse for some reason - however flimsy - to be disappointed or let down by ...checks notes...the club widely known as having the sharpest transfer / recruitment / leadership team on er, the planet.
Gotta complain about something haven't we? It's the close season so we can't all pile in on Undav (oh wait he's good now. I lose track).

As for some questioning the move to Liverpool as somehow a sideways step... Jeez... Have some perspective

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
How can you say they have a greater probability of winning something next year? They have similar chances to us. They only just finished above us this year. You are guessing at what they might achieve, it is a gamble.
No, that’s not what I said. Money is a part of it but so is the chance of playing in a team that had a greater probability of winning something next year.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How can you say they have a greater probability of winning something next year? They have similar chances to us. They only just finished above us this year. You are guessing at what they might achieve, it is a gamble.
Mate, we couldn’t even get 1 point in our last 3 games of the championship to throw away the title after leading for months. We are not a winning club 😂

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don’t think there are.

I think there are a lot of people interested in the reported prices in the media, neither of which are likely to be confirmed by the club.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's been 32 years since Liverpool were allowed back into European competition. In those 32 years they have competed in Europe in 29 seasons.

They have played in more European finals/won more European trophies in that time than we've had seasons in the premier league. And that's not including their European seasons/success pre-heysel.

Next season will be the first time in our time in the premier league that Liverpool will not be playing in the Champions League. So their worst finish during our time in the premier league is one place better than the best ever finish in our history.

It might be a gamble but there's a lot of evidence to suggest it's not a particularly big one. Everything points to the fact that one of the biggest clubs in the world will be able to challenge for trophies next year in the same way that it has for pretty much every season in it's 130+ year history.

Between the two clubs we have a combined 19 league titles, 8 f.a. cups, 9 league cups, 17 charity shields, 6 champions league/European cups, 3 UEFA cups/Europa leagues, 4 Uefa super cups and one FIFa world club cup. Guess what we contributed to that list?

I love the Albion, I really do, but Liverpool are a much bigger, much more successful club. It can in no way be considered a sideways move to go from us to them.

That said I understand the frustration. It's one of the most infuriating things to hear a pundit/commentator/journalist describe one of our players as too good for us. Especially when there's a teams worth of players that are apparently too good for us. But. Liverpool isn't a sideways move. It just isn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here