Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Alexis going? (Liverpool - for an undisclosed fee...)

Where is Alexis going?

• Total voters

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
We got 27 million for an older lass talented Trossard.

We were never going to get 0 for MacAllister.
It's not even close to the same situation. If Mac hadn't signed his contract when do you think we would have sold him and for how much then?

I'll answer. It would have had to have been in January when he only had 6 months left.

And you think we would have got loads more than 35m?

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Transfer figures often reflect where the information is coming from to keep the fans happy. Buying club wants it to look a good deal. Selling club wants it to look like they got a fair whack.
Isn't it more in our interest to appear as if we've got less particularly as we need to buy a replacement (or a replacement for the replacement)? Asking prices will be different if they think we have £55m burning our pocket rather than £20m.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
How dare they! How dare they do this to our great club! We are being mugged off from inside. All the hours I spent being driven to Priestfield, all those afternoons drenched to the bone at Withdean, the thousands I've wasted on overpriced pies! For what! FOR WHAT! Bloom, Barber, Buzz, you're all a disgrace!

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Romano is clearly lying for clicks.

When you have real journalists, the BBC etc reporting somewhere between £45m-£55m, even if we say the club are briefing Naylor to give a higher figure, surely you go with the reputable and trusted journalists rather than some twitter aggregator chancer
Lots of journalists have verying opinions - hopefully te £35M gess turns ut to be bollocks.

It seems that only Romano and the sources that quote him (i.e. The Daily Fail) that are sticking with the £35M. Can't really give much credence to Romano's/Te Mail's report that he is on (only!) £100K a week either.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We didn't get a big fee though at 35 million.

In PL money terms that's an amount that's not even close to being big for a player of that talent level.

We just paid 30 million for a championship player.
Exactly - and now we've apparantly bid £40M for a 20 year old defender with less than half a season PL experience. £35M for Mac Allister is peanuts - and for that matter just plain nuts.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How dare they! How dare they do this to our great club! We are being mugged off from inside. All the hours I spent being driven to Priestfield, all those afternoons drenched to the bone at Withdean, the thousands I've wasted on overpriced pies! For what! FOR WHAT! Bloom, Barber, Buzz, you're all a discgrace!
Look on the bright side, get to the Priestfield early enough and you could park outside before entering the Gordon Road stand the Albion paid for. Not forgetting the stinking pig farm enroute

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Just hoping that selling our two best midfielders doesn't comeback and bite us on the backside. They will both be extremely hard to replace

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So either the board have lost their minds and sold off our world cup winner for peanuts.

Or

The board have made the best of a difficult contract situation and avoided losing him for far less.

I know the hysterics is fun and everything but really, which scenario is more likey?

Let's remember that this is still all part of the clubs strategy. Hold your nerve people it will be okay.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
ffs , i don't know what to believe any more ....bloom may have said to the dippers keep the published price low so we don't get rinsed when we try to buy , also Milner coming in alongside LLana is a good move , Bloom is no mug but i must say losing Mac and Moises in one hit is a massive kick in the ****.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Bloom will have got a good deal. Perhaps not an exceptional deal this time but I see that as a thank you to our world cup winner. Maybe Alexis forfeit his cut of the fee to ease the deal.

So many unknowns. The sell-on percentage? Maybe that is where the best part of this deal is.

Absolutely no point in believing all we get is £35 million. The add-ons may well be substantial and very achievable.

Tony is no mug.

Now onto "worrying" about the likely Caicedo summer saga....

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Lots of our fans getting upset that we have let our best player go for peanuts.

This isn't the case.. £35m rising to £55m to a club likely to trigger all add ons, is decent money.

We have had a couple of examples of getting extortionate fees, for 2 players who only played 1 season for us.
That doesn't mean we should treat treat these as the benchmark for every other sale.

With the likelihood of us looking to spend more within this window than we normally would, it is probably a shrewd move not to inflate the market at this point.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
It’s true because of the very large disparity in playing budgets. It’s true because players want the highest possible wages and potential of winning trophies right now. They have a limited career length and cannot possibly be expected to wait around whilst a club establishes itself at a higher level. This is not a low ambition mindset like @Justice would have you believe. It’s a reflection of how long it takes to make your mark in football. You can’t just believe it away. Tony is building something at the Albion. If you had been around for as long as some of us you would appreciate the very large improvements year on year and despite the odds. Glass half full.
Exactly. It's a money thing not a footballing thing.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
ffs , i don't know what to believe any more ....bloom may have said to the dippers keep the published price low so we don't get rinsed when we try to buy , also Milner coming in alongside LLana is a good move , Bloom is no mug but i must say losing Mac and Moises in one hit is a massive kick in the ****.
Where’s Moises gone?! Nobody told me!

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Exactly - and now we've apparantly bid £40M for a 20 year old defender with less than half a season PL experience. £35M for Mac Allister is peanuts - and for that matter just plain nuts.
Why are you and Tyrone still parroting the 35m as a final fee, it's not helping your arguments.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Because the whole model is based on him not having to be putting his hand in his pocket to keep us going.

The money we get in for sales plays a huge part in our future success.
This is likely to be our biggest spending window ever.
I bet Tony doesn't have to fund a single transfer.
TB has become a billionaire by correctly assessing the value in thousands of markets.
One individual deal being seemingly cheap, doesn't undermine the model.

In regards to replacing Mac, we already have his replacements at the club.
We don't have one for Caicedo, whose value to the club, has now gone up considerably.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Bloom is no mug but i must say losing Mac and Moises in one hit is a massive kick in the ****.
We've had six months to prepare for this prospect.

Genuinely astonished fans started threads pondering IF it would happen.

If we keep hold of the likes of Pervis, Ferg and Mitoma, we will have done ok imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here