Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Alexis going? (Liverpool - for an undisclosed fee...)

Where is Alexis going?

• Total voters

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Suddenly TB doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Come on people, there are complexities and details with contracts we don’t know about. Let’s not start suggesting he’s dropped a clanger.
I don’t think that’s the case, as clearly he does generally, well 99% of the time, but it’s only natural for supporters to query the reported numbers.

As per your second para, what we don’t know is the contract complexities, which are likely to take it to £55m (I would hope).

As for the reliance on media/social media, basically largely guesswork IMO.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I just don’t see how Naylor says 55m and fabrizio 35m , none of it makes sense
Transfer figures often reflect where the information is coming from to keep the fans happy. Buying club wants it to look a good deal. Selling club wants it to look like they got a fair whack.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
On the anniversary of Hyypiä appointment, we sell Mac for 'cheap' ... proof we don't always get it right.
We signed a guy for 7m who went on to help us secure Europa League football, we prevented him from leaving on a free and instead got a big 'ol transfer fee whilst integrating new young midfielders to help soften the blow.

Yeah. Absolute clanger.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don’t think that’s the case, as clearly he does generally, well 99% of the time, but it’s only natural for supporters to query the reported numbers.

As per your second para, what we don’t know is the contract complexities, which are likely to take it to £55m (I would hope).

As for the reliance on media/social media, basically largely guesswork IMO.

Is that your cat, what's their name?

Dave Fishwick

Feb 28, 2021
London
Romano is clearly lying for clicks.

When you have real journalists, the BBC etc reporting somewhere between £45m-£55m, even if we say the club are briefing Naylor to give a higher figure, surely you go with the reputable and trusted journalists rather than some twitter aggregator chancer

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
We signed a guy for 7m who went on to help us secure Europa League football, we prevented him from leaving on a free and instead got a big 'ol transfer fee whilst integrating new young midfielders to help soften the blow.

Yeah. Absolute clanger.

We didn't get a big fee though at 35 million.

In PL money terms that's an amount that's not even close to being big for a player of that talent level.

We just paid 30 million for a championship player.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Does it ever occur to people that no matter what fee actually is......it is better for it to be estimated low. Any player we want to sign if we ( I mean Tony ) have £75 million burning a hole in our pockets, we are going to get shafted in that direction.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

When you have real journalists, the BBC etc reporting somewhere between £45m-£55m, even if we say the club are briefing Naylor to give a higher figure, surely you go with the reputable and trusted journalists rather than some twitter aggregator chancer
He’s not technically lying even if there were add ons - which are not guaranteed.

He’s maximising clicks as knows that 35m may sensationalise the situation (if there are add ons) could also be true

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland

You are right Dave and this, again, has been stirred up by that idiot Fabrizio Romano who makes an assumption and then spams it everywhere and later confirms his own assumption as fact, and the crazy thing is that people are sucked in by it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
We didn't get a big fee though at 35 million.

In PL money terms that's an amount that's not even close to being big for a player of that talent level.

We just paid 30 million for a championship player.
It's more than 0

Which was the alternative.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I'm thinking the same, dramatically stating a different number to anyone else's, to draw everyone in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here