Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Alexis going? (Liverpool - for an undisclosed fee...)

Where is Alexis going?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Seems like a sideways move football-wise. Must be for the money and making a gamble that Liverpool will be in a better position to win things than Brighton over the contract length. Seems a gamble football wise really.
Blimey! - there's blue and white tinted specs, and then there's BLUE AND WHITE BLACKOUT SPECS!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
An initial £45m according to the Liverpool Echo. Set out when the new contract was signed last October, where TB in essence guaranteed that sum should MacA leave prior to contract expiry. Which was far more than would've been received if MacA had just run down his old contract.

Some Albion fans are looking at this wrong way, seeing the club as a victim. Instead TB was clever.

No one knew that MacA would even feature in the WC first team. The manager favoured other midfielders, loyal to the 2021 Copa America winners.
Indeed - if Argentina hadn't lost the first match to Saudi Arabia, MacA might not have played.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Oh well we won’t win the Net Spend Trophy this season, will have to take that out the trophy cabinet, next to the opening of Maidstone’s Stadium trophy. Heard they are gonna take Euro Qualification away from us because we got only £35m for Mac Allister.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I've got no doubt Romano knows who is going where but I'm not convinced he knows much about the fee's and contracts? 5th June according to him the Celtic manager had agreed a 2 year contract at Spurs with the option of a 3rd year, 6th June he signs a 4yr contract with Spurs.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
An initial £45m according to the Liverpool Echo. Set out when the new contract was signed last October, where TB in essence guaranteed that sum should MacA leave prior to contract expiry. Which was far more than would've been received if MacA had just run down his old contract.

Some Albion fans are looking at this wrong way, seeing the club as a victim. Instead TB was clever.

No one knew that MacA would even feature in the WC first team. The manager favoured other midfielders, loyal to the 2021 Copa America winners.
Echo rarely gets things wrong when it comes to all stuff Liverpool.

Initial £45m

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Surely no boos :wrong: he also didn't need to sign a new contract with us which would have seen him leave for half, or less than half the fee we have achieved.
I mean I wouldn’t boo but the holier than thou view of Ali some people have is really strange, his dad has obviously been flouting him around, knowing the release clause in his contract.

That’s poor by anyone’s standard, and it’s important to remember Mac definitely knew this was happening, if the release clause was £35m it would have made zero sense to even bother offering him a new contract as we could have probably got around that even with a year left (and minus the extra wages cost his new deal incurred)

Don’t blame alexis as such just think because we’ve had the hissy fits of Cucu, Caicedo etc they view this transfer saga as something more amicable.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
At last a sensible outlook and probably closer to the truth with that figure, note the word "initial"

Hard to nail the initial fee, everyone today is going by Romano's £35m .... in my experience the Albion and Liverpool don't leak confidential information like that, especially this soon. The Telegraph say £40m, Liverpool Echo £45m.

Until we hear reliable facts, I'm not yet convinced by Romano's number.

Major transfers are a funny business these days. Romano, Naylor and a small army of twatter wannabees in a dick-waving competition to 'beat' the others :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hard to nail the initial fee, everyone today is going by Romano's £35m .... in my experience the Albion and Liverpool don't leak confidential information like that, especially this soon. The Telegraph say £40m, Liverpool Echo £45m.

Major transfers are a funny business these days. Romano, Naylor and a small army of twatter wannabees in a dick-waving competition to 'beat' the others :lolol:
I’d imagine Romano is getting no info from us or Liverpool. He relies on agents.

The ‘£35m’ must be something like the initial payment or the fee with absolutely no add-ons such as appearances/goals/trophies/assists/CL qualification etc.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Sad to see him go. Very, very sad.

At least it's done early though. No deadline day sale and panic for a price-boosted replacement.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Less than half of the reported £35M? Cobblers! - we got that much for Bissouma, and that was because he only had a year left on his contract.
55m with add-ons? 27.5m is half, similar to the fee we achieved for Trossard who ran down his contract and Bissouma as you reference was lower still.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I have zero sympathy for these people.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The price is only of importance to one person and he can buy and sell at whatever he thinks is market value. We have lost a great player but understand why, no way does the price makes a smidgen of difference to any of us, we are not paying or receiving the funds.

Why the apparent stress?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Echo rarely gets things wrong when it comes to all stuff Liverpool.

Initial £45m
Rising to £55m with add ons. Sensationalist lies from that Fab bloke again 🤦🏻‍♂️ the release mechanism to negotiate was prob £35m and then negotiations started. I’d hang my hat on it being closer to £55m all in than £35m on the end.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The price is only of importance to one person and he can buy and sell at whatever he thinks is market value. We have lost a great player but understand why, no way does the price makes a smidgen of difference to any of us, we are not paying or receiving the funds.

Why the apparent stress?

Because the whole model is based on him not having to be putting his hand in his pocket to keep us going.

The money we get in for sales plays a huge part in our future success.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Because the whole model is based on him not having to be putting his hand in his pocket to keep us going.

The money we get in for sales plays a huge part in our future success.
Maybe you should email him and explain how he’s potentially f***ed this up :lolol:

Sorry I am struggling to understand how fans with zero inside knowledge think it’s OK to pass judgement :shrug:

I have no doubt that TB has wrung every single penny he has been able to

Rich84

May 6, 2018
Lets take the time to remember, his contract extension was done in October last year. Brighton hadn't had the season of their lifes at that point and MacAllister hadn't won a World Cup. Imagine if Brighton had bombed in the league and so had Argentina in the world cup. In the same scenario based on 2 teams, you'd say 45m was good business. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here