[Albion] Where is Alexis going? (Liverpool - for an undisclosed fee...)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is Alexis going?

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My theory. Someone inside the club has briefed Romano that its £35m as he is the most followed ‘in the know’ on Twitter and his news gets out there.

Double bluff so that other clubs don’t know we have £55m+ in our pockets for replacements as this has been done so early in the window.
Given that the club probably get rattled by Romano revealing stuff, I doubt they would be briefing him.

He will have got it from the agents.

That's a really low price. Struggling to understand this one.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Given that the club probably get rattled by Romano revealing stuff, I doubt they would be briefing him.

I just don’t see how Naylor says 55m and fabrizio 35m , none of it makes sense

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Let’s clear the decks at the next fans forum and allow Peter from Eastbourne to have it out with Barber and Bloom on this specific point.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I would be shocked if both The Athletic and BBC (who require information from sources to be verified) were £20m out in their information but Fabrizio Romano (who gets all his information from agents) has got the scoop on the real fee.

What is possible is that it's £35m up front, with £20m on achievable add-ons. That would explain the differences in reporting on the fee at least.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
We never truly know the value of transfers, maybe £35m is the minimum guaranteed amount and that's why the club wants that figure being reported. In reality, I'm sure the deal is structured to ensure we get a big chunk of future cash plus a sell-on clause for when Real Madrid buy him in 3 years.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
I just don’t see how Naylor says 55m and fabrizio 35m , none of it makes sense
Just to be clear Fabricateano is despised by his peers & is an attention seeking junkie who should be ignored at all costs.

He is a nauseating pest

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Let's face it, this fella could post any old shit and a certain section of Twitter users/fans would LAP it up as gospel. Meanwhile, I take everything that is written online with a big pinch of cynicism-flavoured salt.

I have no idea – nor, really am I too bothered – about the fees involved. What I DO know is that TB is not getting facked over by anyone when selling assets.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I would be shocked if both The Athletic and BBC (who require information from sources to be verified) were £20m out in their information but Fabrizio Romano (who gets all his information from agents) has got the scoop on the real fee.

What is possible is that it's £35m up front, with £20m on achievable add-ons. That would explain the differences in reporting on the fee at least.
This is probably exactly the case, but Romano NEEDS to generate clicks and likes and quote tweets. You can tell the truth and THE TRUTH. Can’t stand the bloke anyway, brings nothing to football.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Just to be clear Fabricateano is despised by his peers & is an attention seeking junkie who should be ignored at all costs.

He is a nauseating pest
Agreed. Anyhow my original point stands, it may work in our favour for the fee to be reported as lower than actual when negotiating with other clubs

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
£35m per Fabrizio. Doubt it’s that low unless excludes a lot of add ons. As his summer value would have been £35m without a new contract.
i'm convinced Fabrizio is talking out his arse. he's been saying lower numbers over the months, possibly on some wind-up? either way not to be taken seriously. and since when did deals go medical then trigger release clause?

the fee probably wont be officially disclosed, confident Bloom would have got a deal representing good market value and decent for us and Mac Allister.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
An initial £45m according to the Liverpool Echo. Set out when the new contract was signed last October, where TB in essence guaranteed that sum should MacA leave prior to contract expiry. Which was far more than would've been received if MacA had just run down his old contract.

Some Albion fans are looking at this wrong way, seeing the club as a victim. Instead TB was clever.

No one knew that MacA would even feature in the WC first team. The manager favoured other midfielders, loyal to the 2021 Copa America winners.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
RDZ has been trying hard to change the above mindset. Potter used our past when he couldn’t win a game. Older fans remember the dark days the Amex era fans have only seen success and probably wonder why older fans revert to type. Whilst we are never going to be a super club we can be a top ten regular in the best league in the world. There are no guarantees in football although with TB in charge the outcome of bombing down the leagues is one I can’t see happening he’s way to smart to let that happen.
Top ten regular is one thing - but that's a long way off qualification for Europe every year, and a mountain off regular CL places. Apart form the money, that's what Mac A has now moved to.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Most likely a basic fee + an add-on for a given number of appearances [ this will account for the differing prices ] + a sell-on cut + more convoluted ( results based ) add-ons.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
An initial £45m according to the Liverpool Echo. Set out when the new contract was signed last October, where TB in essence guaranteed that sum should MacA leave prior to contract expiry. Which was far more than would've been received if MacA had just run down his old contract.

Some Albion fans are looking at this wrong way, seeing the club as a victim. Instead TB was clever.

No one knew that MacA would even feature in the WC first team. The manager favoured other midfielders, loyal to the 2021 Copa America winners.
At last a sensible outlook and probably closer to the truth with that figure, note the word "initial"

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surely no boos :wrong: he also didn't need to sign a new contract with us which would have seen him leave for half, or less than half the fee we have achieved.
Less than half of the reported £35M? Cobblers! - we got that much for Bissouma, and that was because he only had a year left on his contract.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Can we pin this to the top of every page in this thread please?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports