Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Alexis going? (Liverpool - for an undisclosed fee...)

Where is Alexis going?

• Total voters

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
RDZ has been trying hard to change the above mindset. Potter used our past when he couldn’t win a game. Older fans remember the dark days the Amex era fans have only seen success and probably wonder why older fans revert to type. Whilst we are never going to be a super club we can be a top ten regular in the best league in the world. There are no guarantees in football although with TB in charge the outcome of bombing down the leagues is one I can’t see happening he’s way to smart to let that happen.
It is brilliant that RDZ is trying to change the mindset at the club.

It makes no difference at all if us fans decide that we will hang on to our humility and remember where we came from. Aside from the fact that if we don't and we engage in this crap about now being a top 6 club on a par with LIverpool makes us look like absolute belleneds.

I also don't think that we will be bombing down the leagues anytime soon but on the other hand I also don't think that we have successfully joined the elite of English football. To suggest we are, make us look like proper tools (IMHO).

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Players were in Vegas last week with maccer. Under 21s didn't go !!

(Maybe they should have picked a different destination!)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
That's only true because people believe it. If Mac Alister stays and we add to the squad like we are going to anyway we will be pushing top 4. If people decide Liverpool are "bigger" then players leave then their belief that Liverpool will do better comes true. It's completely circular and needs to stop.
It’s true because of the very large disparity in playing budgets. It’s true because players want the highest possible wages and potential of winning trophies right now. They have a limited career length and cannot possibly be expected to wait around whilst a club establishes itself at a higher level. This is not a low ambition mindset like @Justice would have you believe. It’s a reflection of how long it takes to make your mark in football. You can’t just believe it away. Tony is building something at the Albion. If you had been around for as long as some of us you would appreciate the very large improvements year on year and despite the odds. Glass half full.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
RDZ has been trying hard to change the above mindset. Potter used our past when he couldn’t win a game. Older fans remember the dark days the Amex era fans have only seen success and probably wonder why older fans revert to type. Whilst we are never going to be a super club we can be a top ten regular in the best league in the world. There are no guarantees in football although with TB in charge the outcome of bombing down the leagues is one I can’t see happening he’s way to smart to let that happen.

Yes. And Liverpool aim higher. So you can see why MacAllister is going there. Older fans are not reverting to type.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Some of these comments are bizarre. Of course he's more likely to win major trophies with Liverpool than with us. We've never won any, they've won several within the past decade. Liverpool can realistically hope for a title challenge next season, we can't. He'd probably never heard of us before he signed, but you can be sure he'd heard of them. We're not at that level, and we won't be for a long time (if ever).

I love this club, but some posters are starting to sound like Sheffield Wednesday fans.
There’s actually quite a lot of that creeping in. And that’s after ONE good season. We have done Sheffield Wednesday and the like a huge disservice.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The absolute STATE of this thread
Quite.

I love the Albion – I really do – but to think that every season is going to be as good – let alone better ('we'll be challenging for top four') – as the one just gone is madness. I don't doubt that RDZ will, for as long as he is here, squeeze every ounce of performance from every member of the squad, but there are a lot of good teams (better teams) fighting it out for the top positions. And they are probably more likely to take those places than us, let's face it. Even RDZ knows it!

To say going from Brighton to Liverpool is a 'sideways move' is next level bonkers.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
They could of got £70 million and should of , joins a list of players we undersold , Burn who was worth another £10 million ,
Trossard could of got another £10 million for him as well ,
And could/should we have got +10m more for each of Ben White (50m ? ) , Cucurella (62m ?) , Maupay (15m ? ) and whilst we're at it Graham Potter (22m)
Keen to hear more on your tips for how to achieve this ha ha.

Last edited:

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
At least Alexis looks happy....

Money definitely doesn't buy happiness, he'll adjust but will certainly miss our city, ex team mates and people around the club.

I hope he cements a regular place and does actually win something with Liverpool or it won't have been a great move for footballing reasons either.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
£35m per Fabrizio. Doubt it’s that low unless excludes a lot of add ons. As his summer value would have been £35m without a new contract.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
My theory. Someone inside the club has briefed Romano that its £35m as he is the most followed ‘in the know’ on Twitter and his news gets out there.

Double bluff so that other clubs don’t know we have £55m+ in our pockets for replacements as this has been done so early in the window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here