Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Alexis going? (Liverpool - for an undisclosed fee...)

Where is Alexis going?

• Total voters

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I don't follow.

Are you saying Mac signed a secret new contract that included a one year option?

Or that we exercised our one year option in that period between Feb 2020 and Feb 2021?

Exercising an option doesn't cause an updated contract to be registered (because it is part of the existing contract).

I am absolutely saying that Alexis signed a new contract that included a one year option (it was only "secret" in the fact that it was never reported, for whatever reason).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Leaves with only good wishes from basically all our fans. Think he should’ve stayed another year or two for the journey, but understand it’s a great opportunity for him as long as he gets the game time. Our first ever WC winner and seemingly an incredibly humble, well liked and nice bloke. Will always get a hero’s reception from us when he comes back. We’ll never forget you Alexis - thanks for the service and well done for leaving with dignity and heart - your tears and passion for the club meant a lot to us 💙🤍

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A polite clap or a boooooo Wanker Wanker on his return to the Amex. Remember he didn’t have to leave despite the tears.
Neither - he will get a hero’s reception - cheers all round 100%. Obviously when the game starts we’ll want him to play bad and lose but that’s football. We need to show credit and class back to players that leave the right way and he’s 100% done that.

Last edited:

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I think we all do, but if the add ons means £55m which seems to be the case, then it’s still decent money. £48m in profit on one player is more incredible business by the club really. & it seems as though this figure has been set by a contract that was signed pre world cup, a point at which nobody could have predicted what a starring role he would have at that tournament & therefor his subsequent rise in value.
They could of got £70 million and should of , joins a list of players we undersold , Burn who was worth another £10 million ,
Trossard could of got another £10 million for him as well ,

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I hope he’s their POTS…in a season where they get humiliatingly relegated

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A polite clap or a boooooo Wanker Wanker on his return to the Amex. Remember he didn’t have to leave despite the tears.
He has played well for three years and left the club with a 40 million pound contract profit in the bank- and showed commitment to the end. Which is all that was asked. Never ceases to amaze me how folk can be so puerile over someone moving clubs to advance their career.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
They could of got £70 million and should of , joins a list of players we undersold , Burn who was worth another £10 million ,
With a year left on his contract we’d have got far less than that. He agrees to sign a new one, yes he went on to win the bloody World Cup but we hold our word, we get more than we might have done and perhaps less than we could have done.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Seems like a sideways move football-wise. Must be for the money and making a gamble that Liverpool will be in a better position to win things than Brighton over the contract length. Seems a gamble football wise really.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Incorrect. Could have not signed a new contract and gone for half what we’re getting - or done nothing at the WC and not be worth what we’re getting regardless of his contract.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
With a year left on his contract we’d have got far less than that. He agrees to sign a new one, yes he went on to win the bloody World Cup but we hold our word, we get more than we might have done and perhaps less than we could have done.
‘Of’ - not ‘have’ 🙄

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You’re saying Tony is getting this football club lark all wrong and you could do better ? I’m sure he is open to offers.

What are the add-on conditions to get to 55m? Let’s be honest if it involves Liverpool winning something then I’m doubtful, both their 2 best players VVD and Salah are past their peak and slowing —- and god bless ‘im Mac isn’t going to pace their team up much

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here