[Albion] Where is Alexis going? (Liverpool - for an undisclosed fee...)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is Alexis going?

• Total voters

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
All self serving bottom feeders, mostly. Not lawyers, a necessary evil in this case perhaps.
You are correct, I have friends who are lawyers and thoroughly decent people. I was really thinking of those who get involved in civil cases like boundary disputes, where advice to settle out of court would be the best option, but let it run and run and get paid megabucks.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
You are correct, I have friends who are lawyers and thoroughly decent people. I was really thinking of those who get involved in civil cases like boundary disputes, where advice to settle out of court would be the best option, but let it run and run and get paid megabucks.
There are good and bad of course but anyone acting as a middleman by definition in an unregulated market with vast sums of money to be made, there's little wonder.

Last edited:

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Mac Allister did indeed sign a 4.5 year deal in January 2019, so that contract would have expired this summer (it is possible, of course, that there might have been a club option).

However, I did tweet out last summer (and flagged it on here) that a new contract was registered sometime between February 1 2020 and February 1 2021 (which I don't believe was reported by anyone else). That comes from the FA Agents Transactions Report for that period. Unfortunately the exact date of the contract renewal was not disclosed, nor any details (such as contract length). However, I did also find a tweet from an Argentine journalist, last May, saying he was contracted until 2024, so there is some evidence that the new deal may have been a one-year extension.

Naylor reported last year that we had an option.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You are correct, I have friends who are lawyers and thoroughly decent people.

That's impossible.jpg

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Both will be correct £45m up front, rising to £55m with add ons.

We still refer to Cucurella fee as £63m, whilst it was widely reported as £55m up front + £8m add ons (which we probably won't see much of)
Unless the add ons were ‘make it to the end of the season without kicking the ball in to your own face’ I’d say we aren’t seeing any of those.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Still feel a little short changed if 45m plus add ons is correct.
I think we all do, but if the add ons means £55m which seems to be the case, then it’s still decent money. £48m in profit on one player is more incredible business by the club really. & it seems as though this figure has been set by a contract that was signed pre world cup, a point at which nobody could have predicted what a starring role he would have at that tournament & therefor his subsequent rise in value.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Good business all round. As with Burn, Bissouma, White and even Trossard to an extent, if you've done your time with the club and served us well, we'll make a club pay good but not crazy money (in today's context of course). If you've only served us for a short while like Cucurella and Moises, we'll only let you go if we can force the buying club to pay silly money.

Will miss Ali Mac and is sad to see him go, but as brilliant as he is at the little things (passing, decision making, holding onto the ball), I think we have a number of players who could try to fill his shoes.

As others have said though, Moises is a different kettle of fish and I'd be really disappointed in him if he chose to go to Chelsea.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Nobody was giving Romano grief when he was reporting Milner signing for us.

I take it he's only a shyster when reporting our outgoings?
Correct. 😉

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Nobody was giving Romano grief when he was reporting Milner signing for us.

I take it he's only a shyster when reporting our outgoings?
Nope, I think it's all a load of bollocks. It's a bit like watching a film trailer over and over again, with little snippets/reveals added in every time. Then, when it comes to the actual film, it's a complete anticlimax.

I find the whole circus/cult around him a bit odd. The 'shopped image of the player in their 'new' shirt is just the turd on the icing on a shitty cake.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Still feel a little short changed if 45m plus add ons is correct.
Yes, me too, and it will always rankle a bit - but just think how much worse it would be if he was going going at a bargain-basement price to the likes of Chelsea or Spurs!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As others have said though, Moises is a different kettle of fish and I'd be really disappointed in him if he chose to go to Chelsea.
The most important thing is not where Moises goes when he leaves us but that we secure Levi Colwill, and if that means a two-way deal with Chelsea then I'm all for it.

We need to keep RDZ motivated, and if Bloom can deliver his man it will be a huge positive towards keeping the manager for maybe 2024/25 too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports