Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Alexis going? (Liverpool - for an undisclosed fee...)

Where is Alexis going?

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I would have thought £60m a decent price, £55m is close enough, £45m in my view is a bit of a giveaway, but hey ho if Tony is happy then I'm happy.

Given that he was only going to have one year left, it seems pretty decent to me.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Yeah, that’s obviously daft as Romano is only one side of a deal. He is employed by clubs and the players though. He wouldn’t exist without those commissions. There is no point though in people criticizing the role of agents if they are happy for their football club to to negotiate with them (on behalf of players) to attract those players away from their existing clubs and that particular outrage never appears as a thread on NSC.
Not sure why you’re so patronising of others who don’t share your views. Are you a football agent? Maybe a recruitment consultant, estate agent or lawyer? All driven to serve their own interests before those of their clients.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Not sure why you’re so patronising of others who don’t share your views. Are you a football agent? Maybe a recruitment consultant, estate agent or lawyer? All driven to serve their own interests before those of their clients.
No, I’m a teacher in a state secondary school, serving the interests of students. I guess that theory of yours bites the dust. It isn’t patronizing to highlight hypocrisy.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No, I’m a teacher in a state secondary school, serving the interests of students. I guess that theory of yours bites the dust. It isn’t patronizing to highlight hypocrisy.
But Sir...

NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
It’s hardly hypocrisy. Where have we signed players that have been touted to us by agents? Our recruitment model doesn’t follow that line it identifies the players that we feel are worth buying without the involvement of agents. They’ll have an involvement in the negotiations for sure, but that’s it. Sorry, but my theory doesn’t bite the dust whereas yours doesn’t hold water.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It’s hardly hypocrisy. Where have we signed players that have been touted to us by agents? Our recruitment model doesn’t follow that line it identifies the players that we feel are worth buying without the involvement of agents. They’ll have an involvement in the negotiations for sure, but that’s it. Sorry, but my theory doesn’t bite the dust whereas yours doesn’t hold water.
I have never read anything to suggest our recruitment model doesn’t involve players represented and actively promoted by agents. Happy to be corrected but off the top of my head we were in competition with Man Utd for Caicedo. You’re saying he didn’t have an agent who was trying to get the best possible deal for his client ? I know the deal was complicated but it certainly helped the player that there was more than one buying club involved. Bearing in mind he was being touted by Tim Vickery as the most exciting talent on the continent I think that it is unlikely he was just discovered by our recruitment team. Likewise Encisco. Fans of the selling clubs will have been livid at their agents and BHA. Us not so much. We are very much a part of this food chain and we make a lot of money from it.
Your theory that bit the dust was about me being an agent.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I doubt very much any of our recuitment policy has anything to do with agents

like buying a dog with fleas, still a good dog but has an expensive irritant to get rid of.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Haven’t read all of the thread.

I’m disappointed with the reported price, regardless of the contractual situation, and what or wasn’t supposedly agreed.

Good luck to him though, great player.
Hope he receives a fantastic reception on his return.

NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I have never read anything to suggest our recruitment model doesn’t involve players represented and actively promoted by agents. Happy to be corrected but off the top of my head we were in competition with Man Utd for Caicedo. You’re saying he didn’t have an agent who was trying to get the best possible deal for his client ? I know the deal was complicated but it certainly helped the player that there was more than one buying club involved. Bearing in mind he was being touted by Tim Vickery as the most exciting talent on the continent I think that it is unlikely he was just discovered by our recruitment team. Likewise Encisco. Fans of the selling clubs will have been livid at their agents and BHA. Us not so much. We are very much a part of this food chain and we make a lot of money from it.
I can’t disagree with anything you’ve said, but when the outcomes move from £10m, £10k/wk deals to £80m, £200k/wk deals it’s a different ball game for the agents and for us that’s only happened when being pressured into selling.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
All self serving, mostly. Not lawyers, a necessary evil in this case perhaps.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yes. He repeatedly tweeted that Caicedo was going nowhere in January when, let's face it, we all thought that it was inevitable after that Insta post.
Sure about that, yesterday no contact today he’s having a medical 😂 Arsenal came in way to late in the window so a 90% chance we wouldn’t sell then. I get it’s his job but I wouldn’t hang of his every word a lot BS and clearly no club insider on speed dial.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Was Alexis actually going to be out of contract THIS summer as some are suggesting, rather than 2024?

Pretty sure he had a year left - otherwise the signing of the new deal would have been madness on his part.

My understanding was his January 2019 contract was 4.5 years. See post above why it might not have been madness if it had the right terms for him.

This, I think - so we'd probably have got no more than $30-£35M max. for him this summer - or nothing next year.

Mac Allister did indeed sign a 4.5 year deal in January 2019, so that contract would have expired this summer (it is possible, of course, that there might have been a club option).

However, I did tweet out last summer (and flagged it on here) that a new contract was registered sometime between February 1 2020 and February 1 2021 (which I don't believe was reported by anyone else). That comes from the FA Agents Transactions Report for that period. Unfortunately the exact date of the contract renewal was not disclosed, nor any details (such as contract length). However, I did also find a tweet from an Argentine journalist, last May, saying he was contracted until 2024, so there is some evidence that the new deal may have been a one-year extension.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here