Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Alexis going? (Liverpool - for an undisclosed fee...)

Where is Alexis going?

• Total voters

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Has he SINGED or gone yet?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
My memory isn't great but didn't Moises come out and say he wanted to leave, as well as his agent making moves?

Mac's Dad may have been a bit of a pr!ck about forcing a move but at least Mac himself kept his mouth shut and just played football.

Last edited:

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
My memory isn't great but didn't Moises come out and say he wanted to leave, as well as his agent making moves?

Mac's Dad has have been a bit of a pr!ck about forcing a move but at least Mac himself kept his mouth shut and just played football.
To be fair, when Caicedo was told he wasn’t going in January, he shut up and played football too. Very well. Both well entitled to move on if it’s what they want.

For me, the issue is always the “agents”. There should be a cap of £25k on what they earn (or even better, ban them entirely) then they might actually look out for a player rather than their own pockets

Jul 2, 2011

Another article saying it’s happening this week.
Love the fact they have his stats compared to Liverpool Midfielders…
Which to my mind means sweet FA when the stats have been acquired while playing in Brightons setup.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
If someone was definite there was a release clause then why is everyone vague about what it is? I don’t understand. Maybe everyone is confused.

Whatever happens I trust Bloom and Barber to get a good deal and then spend wisely. What is Locadia up to these days?

My thoughts exactly.

Plus, if this supposed release clause is lower than £45/50m like Fabrizio says it is, then what was the point in the new contract we gave Mac before the World Cup?

It all doesn't add up.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Mac's Dad has have been a bit of a pr!ck about forcing a move but at least Mac himself kept his mouth shut and just played football.
Mac and his Dad probably allowed Albion to get a fee 50% or so larger than they would otherwise have had to accept if he had not signed a new contract before the World Cup. No disrespect has been done to the club here, his Father as his Agent has a responsibility to advance his career and negotiate the best terms he can get for him. The openness of his Dad's visits to Liverpool and other clubs suggest that there was agreement from Albion that he could do so.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Would love to know where Fabrizio is getting this "release clause" from as Brighton never have them in player contracts due to the market value always changing.

Paul Barber only in March 2023 (after Ali Mac & Caicedo signed new contracts): “We don’t operate like that."
“We try and avoid things like that because they become such a point of discussion in negotiations that you spend hours and hours on something that may never happen or, if it does happen, it may not be the right price at the right time."
“We try and avoid things like that. We know other clubs use them, and that’s fine, but it’s not something that we tend to get involved with.”
Again the words ‘try and avoid’ and ‘not something we tend to get involved with’ does not correlate with you thinking we would never have anything like that.

Tony Bloom isn’t stupid, and he knows sometimes you have to be flexible. Remember when we were told we’d never spend big money on a player? We just did on £30M before European football was even guaranteed

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
So that's:
Loaned out a player with an agreed transfer fee in place (Kabornik sic)
Signed a player for over £30 million
Loaned a young player and played him ahead of our young prospects
Signed players in January
And offered a player a new contract with a release clause

Possibly an end to some people's belief we have a fundamental set of rules regarding transfers.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Moises caicedo agent got trashed on here for wafting Moises around like a piece of meat and almost forcing his sale, Macs parents have been courted by Liverpool supposedly since late last year, it just doesn’t sit right with me.

A fantastic player but IMO I find it strange people acting as though he is holier than thou, just because he didn’t directly speak to Liverpool I’m guessing he wasn’t exactly against his dad bending the rules and doing it anyway? Sounds like the ‘clause’ in his contract was specifically for this situation in mind, which leaves a sour taste.
That’s a ridiculous comparison. Caicedo was criticized for the statement his agent put on the internet trying to force a move before our club was ready. MacAllister has done nothing of the sort and is leaving amicably and with class with BHA legend status assured. I genuinely am sorry for you if you can’t wish a player well when he has worked with our club to leave in the right way in order to further his career.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
IMG_1188.jpeg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
STATE of this....

The trouble is, because it IS such a state, it'll probably get more traction than the standard 'Mac to Liverpool, here we goooooo!' gubbins.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Cannot wait to start talking about incoming signings.
What's holding you back? There are loads of threads on pages one and two of The Big Board about them knocking about...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here