[Albion] Where is Alexis going? (Liverpool - for an undisclosed fee...)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is Alexis going?

• Total voters

Mortdecai

Aug 6, 2009
Kirkkonummi, Finland
photo_2023-06-05_17-30-41.jpg

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Section C1 of the FA rules, meanwhile, prohibits a player who is under contract, or his agent, from talking to other clubs, or being approached by other clubs, without the consent of the player's current club.
Well we know that only applies in theory and doesn't apply to players over a certain age who are out of contract at the end of the season.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Moises caicedo agent got trashed on here for wafting Moises around like a piece of meat and almost forcing his sale, Macs parents have been courted by Liverpool supposedly since late last year, it just doesn’t sit right with me.

A fantastic player but IMO I find it strange people acting as though he is holier than thou, just because he didn’t directly speak to Liverpool I’m guessing he wasn’t exactly against his dad bending the rules and doing it anyway? Sounds like the ‘clause’ in his contract was specifically for this situation in mind, which leaves a sour taste.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I hope he has got a five year deal. He has some amazing years ahead of him and I'm honoured that we will be part of his story. He's a very decent man who could end up being a coach or a pundit once his career is over. We could be seeing Alexis for many years on our TVs.
Hmmm, I'd prefer seeing him week in week out at the Amex

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I hope he has got a five year deal. He has some amazing years ahead of him and I'm honoured that we will be part of his story. He's a very decent man who could end up being a coach or a pundit once his career is over. We could be seeing Alexis for many years on our TVs.
I’m old enough to remember how proud I felt about Lawro and Robbo joining the Reds and how playing for Brighton had helped them become better players.
I hope most BHA fans enjoy watching him play and say to themselves that Brighton were part of making the player he is.
He obviously loves the club and did everything he could to make the move as painless and affable as possible, class human being.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

Say what you like about Naylor, but him consistently calling out the Fabricatior Romano is quite funny.

It's interesting what Naylor writes - I guess it could mean that the FEE is set, but that if club X meets the fee it doesn't necessarily mean BHA will sell. Which presumably means we have some leverage with Liverpool regarding what we get in return.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Please don't use the term 'elite club'. They are not elite, they are just swimming in borrowed money. Using the term perpetuates the myth that the richest clubs are part of an exclusive class that others cannot join. First Chelsea, then Manchester City and now Newcastle have all proved this a lie by joining the 'elite' ranks, simply by having owners who could pay the billions necessary to be members.

Describing them as 'elite' suggests that they are the only game in town and encourages the type of thinking that led them to believe that they didin't need everyone else and could form a league with their similarly conniving and dishonest European counterparts. They are not 'elite' clubs, they are not 'super' clubs. They are the soulless playthings of international capital. They are a constant reminder that absolutely everything in sport, in culture, in life is utterly devalued and ruined once capitalism gets hold of it and measures it's worth in purely monetary terms.

I'd suggest the alternative terms 'Cartel clubs', 'Rapacious anti-football clubs' or 'Seemingly bottomless pits of debt funded for nefarious reasons by morally dubious oil sheiks and venture capitalists with dollar signs where their hearts should be - along with Fifa, the most compelling evidence that we're in the tragic end times of the most beautiful and inspirational game ever to have graced the world stage: The sad representation of humankind's limitless appetite for destructive growth and aquisition regardless of the knowledge that it will lead to their ultimate end - clubs.'

Thanks for the patronising twaddle. I’ll refer to clubs how I like, thanks.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Moises caicedo agent got trashed on here for wafting Moises around like a piece of meat and almost forcing his sale, Macs parents have been courted by Liverpool supposedly since late last year, it just doesn’t sit right with me.

A fantastic player but IMO I find it strange people acting as though he is holier than thou, just because he didn’t directly speak to Liverpool I’m guessing he wasn’t exactly against his dad bending the rules and doing it anyway? Sounds like the ‘clause’ in his contract was specifically for this situation in mind, which leaves a sour taste.
It's a strange one. Mac had made no suggestion he even wants to leave. All been directed by Mac Snr. Not saying he wouldn't want more money at a bigger club, but you get the impression if it was done to him he'd stay another season.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I guess we were allowed to speak or approach them earlier that 'allowed' though? As their contacts aren't up until the end of the month and Milner was announced ages ago.

Maybe it makes absolutely no difference at all, just a thought.
Officially, yes, the club should have had permission from Liverpool to talk to any player still under contract, and as a club we probably did at some point, as we tend to be respectful of the rules, but the reality is that a certain amount of info would have been exchanged between player and club before the club would bother asking.
Also, perhaps not relevant, but a player with 6 months or less of contract remaining can talk to clubs outside of the Association they currently play in without any permission required from the club he is contracted too, a club perhaps in the Belgian League would not be in trouble with FIFA for talking to Milner or any other player outside of the Belgian Leagues, with less than 6 months of contract remaining.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Hmmm, I'd prefer seeing him week in week out at the Amex
I'd love him to stay but it seems clear he won't. So I wish him well.

It doesn't feel like Caicedo at Christmas because I think he has honoured an agreement with the club - to complete the season, under a new contract and to be released under certain conditions at the end of 2022/23. All that seems to have happened.

The only thing that has made this slightly irksome is that it has been dragged through social media. Without that, this would have been a flawless example of what we are trying to do at this stage of our development as a club.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Thanks for the patronising twaddle. I’ll refer to clubs how I like, thanks.
Of course you will. No personal criticism intended. I wrote it in a hyperbolic style deliberately to stretch a slight point to it's extremities in an attempt to entertain. Obviously failed.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It's a strange one. Mac had made no suggestion he even wants to leave. All been directed by Mac Snr. Not saying he wouldn't want more money at a bigger club, but you get the impression if it was done to him he'd stay another season.
I think we're being a bit naïve/hopeful if we think Mac Allister's agents/uncles/padre are acting without his knowledge and support. If he said firmly "Look Dad, I want to stay at Brighton for another year" then none of this twaddle would be appearing.

I hope we're wrong, but suspect that we're not

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's a strange one. Mac had made no suggestion he even wants to leave.
Because he's a decent bloke and respectful to our club.

Not because he doesn't want to progress his career.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Section C1 of the FA rules, meanwhile, prohibits a player who is under contract, or his agent, from talking to other clubs, or being approached by other clubs, without the consent of the player's current club.
And in reality, if a club have decided they do not want to renew contracts with a player, they tell the agent that he is free to talk to whoever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports