[Albion] Where is Alexis going? (Liverpool - for an undisclosed fee...)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is Alexis going?

• Total voters

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I think you've missed my point. There is no such thing as a 'superclub'. There are rich clubs and poor clubs; there are legacy rich clubs and new money rich clubs.

I know what you're saying, but I disagree.

There is such a thing as a superclub (whether we like it or not). And it's almost entirely down to Champions League exposure, and the global exposure that brings.

It's not just about money. Newcastle are not a superclub - yet.

PS If you don't like the term 'superclub', say 'big, big club' like de Zerbi - because everyone knows what he means.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Does Romano charge commission for the number of rumours he starts that enables others, like Talksport, to fill their airtime? If he doesn't, he should start.
He probably makes a % of his income via conventional journalism, but I suspect that that's a small %. The large % I suspect comes from two sources:
-- player agents (angling to facilitate their clients a move)
-- and, the 'Super League' (and perhaps a few other) clubs -- who also use him to undermine those (more often than not, poorer) clubs who currently have their targets under contract.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
This is not a contradiction to what Fab has said, they are both probably right.

Brighton will not be involved in LFC's negotiations with Ale's agents. They will complete personal terms before triggering the release clause, which they clearly have yet to do, hence Naylor's comment.

He's stated a fact but will more than likely look a bit silly in the eyes of the Twitter kids this time next week.
I think it’s also carefully worded. Nothing agreed with ‘them’ sounds like something might be agreed with other parties (eg player/his agent).

Yoda

English & European
Would love to know where Fabrizio is getting this "release clause" from as Brighton never have them in player contracts due to the market value always changing.

Paul Barber only in March 2023 (after Ali Mac & Caicedo signed new contracts): “We don’t operate like that."
“We try and avoid things like that because they become such a point of discussion in negotiations that you spend hours and hours on something that may never happen or, if it does happen, it may not be the right price at the right time."
“We try and avoid things like that. We know other clubs use them, and that’s fine, but it’s not something that we tend to get involved with.”

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011

There is such a thing as a superclub (whether we like it or not). And it's almost entirely down to Champions League exposure, and the global exposure that brings.

PS If you don't like the term 'superclub', say 'big, big club' like de Zerbi - because everyone knows what he means.
Age old discussion point. What makes a big club?
How many trophies do you have to win to get the accolade?
To Wick FC, Brighton are Superclub…… (Obviously we know they are😂) it’s all about perspective.
If / when Mac joins the Reds, he is likely to win more trophies. Personally, I think he will love the family vibe at LFC, it’s not always about the money, definitely not with Mac anyway.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yet again one or more of our players will be one of the big sagas of the window. Jordan thinks we are getting our pants pulled down at the suggested £50m fee, I tend to agree. I can’t believe that fee one Moses will think hold on a minute you turned down £70m for me and let Mac go for peanuts.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It might have been said already, but I guess with what, 18 months on his contract left before the World Cup? If he hadn't of signed his new contract he would have left this summer for about £25m as only having a year left.

However due to negotiations, his contract is longer but we wouldn't stand in his way if a suitable sum was offered. If it is between £40 - £45m then that is still more than the £25m we would have got if he hadn't signed his new contract. We've still made a handsome profit on a player we've helped improve. This will show talented youngsters the pathway to bigger Clubs, so more inclined to join us rather than another top 10 Club.
Yes and not forgetting the fact at the time of the renewal we didn’t know how much of an impact he would have personally in the Argentinian squad, let alone playing a key role in wining it.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
How in any way have Liverpool SOLD out of contract players to us, for the love of Tony please be a tad factual.

Don't get too excited, for the love of Tony.

Like I said in the previous post, Milner was announced ages ago maybe we were allowed to approach him earlier and the clubs have a decent working relationship.

Apologies if this was such an outrageous comment on a gossip and guess thread.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
How many trophies do you have to win to get the accolade?
To Wick FC, Brighton are Superclub…… (Obviously we know they are😂) it’s all about perspective.
If / when Mac joins the Reds, he is likely to win more trophies. Personally, I think he will love the family vibe at LFC, it’s not always about the money, definitely not with Mac anyway.
Proximity to South Yorkshire isn’t it?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Would love to know where Fabrizio is getting this "release clause" from as Brighton never have them in player contracts due to the market value always changing.

Paul Barber only in March 2023 (after Ali Mac & Caicedo signed new contracts): “We don’t operate like that."
“We try and avoid things like that because they become such a point of discussion in negotiations that you spend hours and hours on something that may never happen or, if it does happen, it may not be the right price at the right time."
“We try and avoid things like that. We know other clubs use them, and that’s fine, but it’s not something that we tend to get involved with.”
Try
Try
Tend to

Never "don't" or "won't"

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Re Milner. You can approach a players agent whenever you want. Just like Liverpool approached Mac Snr ages ago. Us signing Lallana and possibly Milner has nothing to do with Liverpool whatsoever.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

'Yet' is doing a lot of heavy lifting there. In other words, Newcastle will be - once the money takes effect. Just like Man City and Chelsea's elevation to being labelled 'superclubs' by the media. Neither were of any more note than other established English clubs like Villa, Everton, West Ham before they hit the financial jackpot. It might seem less important the longer ago the money arrived, but it's not about global market share, history, previous trophies etc. All that will follow if - money.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Re Milner. You can approach a players agent whenever you want. Just like Liverpool approached Mac Snr ages ago. Us signing Lallana and possibly Milner has nothing to do with Liverpool whatsoever.
Section C1 of the FA rules, meanwhile, prohibits a player who is under contract, or his agent, from talking to other clubs, or being approached by other clubs, without the consent of the player's current club.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Section C1 of the FA rules, meanwhile, prohibits a player who is under contract, or his agent, from talking to other clubs, or being approached by other clubs, without the consent of the player's current club.
Assuming this doesn’t cover hypotheticals!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

It's an age-old discussion but you can be sure that agents, and the players they represent, don't give a 4X about tired pub debates. Or trophies won in the 70s or 80s or whenever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports