Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Alexis going? (Liverpool - for an undisclosed fee...)

Where is Alexis going?

• Total voters

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
its still big money buit not as much as had hoped. Will be a miss for sure. Hopefully we can find another way without him.

Good luck to the guy

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Fine I stand corrected but here's the full quote and it regards Caicedo
Many outlets have reported that Albion’s midfield maestro has a ‘top six release clause’ embedded into his new Seagulls contract.

But Barber was quick to quash those rumours, and revealed none of Brighton’s stars have ‘big club’ exit clauses written into their contracts.

Speaking on The Beautiful Game podcast, the Albion CEO said: “We don’t operate like that.
“We try and avoid things like that because they become such a point of discussion in negotiations that you spend hours and hours on something that may never happen or, if it does happen, it may not be the right price at the right time.
“We try and avoid things like that. We know other clubs use them, and that’s fine, but it’s not something that we tend to get involved with.”
We ‘try’ and avoid , not something we ‘tend’ to get involved with

Is very differently from definitely not

Same as not including buy options in loan deals, but we did for the young polish lad who went on loan in Greece

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yes, you’re wrong.

You can believe that billionaire businessman Tony Bloom wouldn’t negotiate a deal to get the maximum possible price that he thinks a buyer would pay if you want, but I know better.
you cant possibly know that. the absolute maximum on one deal may not be the best long term deal or fit with other arrangements.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
What the heck 😂

This is not a contradiction to what Fab has said, they are both probably right.

Brighton will not be involved in LFC's negotiations with Ale's agents. They will complete personal terms before triggering the release clause, which they clearly have yet to do, hence Naylor's comment.

He's stated a fact but will more than likely look a bit silly in the eyes of the Twitter kids this time next week.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
How do you not know we don't sell in that window?

When Trossard went it was a rarity and down to the fact he'd become a cancer in the clubrooms.
Hey?
You're saying it's a club policy to allow players to speak to/move to bigger clubs. I'm saying we denied Moises a move to Arsenal.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Fine I stand corrected but here's the full quote and it regards Caicedo
Many outlets have reported that Albion’s midfield maestro has a ‘top six release clause’ embedded into his new Seagulls contract.

But Barber was quick to quash those rumours, and revealed none of Brighton’s stars have ‘big club’ exit clauses written into their contracts.

Speaking on The Beautiful Game podcast, the Albion CEO said: “We don’t operate like that.
“We try and avoid things like that because they become such a point of discussion in negotiations that you spend hours and hours on something that may never happen or, if it does happen, it may not be the right price at the right time.
“We try and avoid things like that. We know other clubs use them, and that’s fine, but it’s not something that we tend to get involved with.”
If that interview was in response to Caicedo rumours, that would make it after Mac signed a new contract also, if so, then we know "Big Club" is not a term used in the contract release clause.
Barber can be a bit weasily with words, he has insisted there were never ever any plans to increase North Stand capacity, with an extra tier, despite the fact that there were plans to add some seating on a small tier above it, similar to the South. I suspect that it being accessed from a separate entrance allowed him to state it was not an addition to the North stand without his underpants catching light.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
As I said, social following is an indication of a club's global reach.

A more-accurate measure than a bloke on a messageboard guessing who is/isn't a superclub.
I think you've missed my point. There is no such thing as a 'superclub'. There are rich clubs and poor clubs; there are legacy rich clubs and new money rich clubs. We are competing with all of them, but are also reliant on them as much as they are reliant on all other clubs for the game to happen. If the seven of them played each other every week, nobody would give a monkeys after a month.

Football is a rich tapestry of human endeavour and is of equal psychological worth at all levels. It has the capacity to move those engaged, to give joy and to break hearts whether it is being watched by millions or by three men and a dog. Terms like 'elite' and 'super' suggest that these clubs are not doing the same things as everybody else. They are. They are just currently spending more money. The table you provided showed that fortunes fluctuate. Had Facebook been around in the 1930s, Huddersfield would have been getting the numbers, had it been in the nineties, Man City would have been nowhere. These teams are currently rich. Some seem too rich to fail, but that doesn't them elite, it just makes them rich.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It might have been said already, but I guess with what, 18 months on his contract left before the World Cup? If he hadn't of signed his new contract he would have left this summer for about £25m as only having a year left.

However due to negotiations, his contract is longer but we wouldn't stand in his way if a suitable sum was offered. If it is between £40 - £45m then that is still more than the £25m we would have got if he hadn't signed his new contract. We've still made a handsome profit on a player we've helped improve. This will show talented youngsters the pathway to bigger Clubs, so more inclined to join us rather than another top 10 Club.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
And all the reports keep talking of a release clause. I thought Bloom didn't like such clauses?
Yes, but all (and I mean all) of the reports seem to stem from one Romano tweet that gets repeated by 600 no-mark twitter "transfer" accounts and then picked up by the bigger outlets shortly after. His entire game is based on the retweet market

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here