Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Alexis going? (Liverpool - for an undisclosed fee...)

Where is Alexis going?

• Total voters

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So why would Alexis and his Dad agree to a new contract before the January window and World Cup?
There must have been some assurances that
and they were that confident that 3 months after that contract he was being wined and dined in the Liverpool directors box for a champions league game vs Real Madrid

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Are we innocent?

Simon Jordan even now is adamant that we didn’t obtain Potter’s services by the book.
Of course not. Alexis himself we’d been out there speaking to his family long before we had an offer accepted.

Likewise I don’t believe the Joao Pedro deal would have happened as quickly as it was reported. We’d have made sure the player was interested before making a £30M bid

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
You writing 'I'll just whack off...' reminded me of an old thread in NSC Gold:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
You're wrong. His price valuation algorithm will be used to set a maximum price when we're buying a player. However, when it comes to sales, it's always a case of get the highest price possible. We're not a charity.
I'm wrong?
Stating you know for a fact how TB negotiates all deals, seems just a teensy bit arrogant.
You may be wrong, too. Imagine that!

But we'll never know for sure.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If all this was done when he signed a new contract with a "special" release clause, or as one Liverpool indignantly has tweeted it's not a release clause but an exit one :ROFLMAO: . Why then along with Caicedo did the club tack on a year option on the contracts if they knew there was a fixed figure for release and the likelihood it would be so soon?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm wrong?
Stating you know for a fact how TB negotiates all deals, seems just a teensy bit arrogant.
You may be wrong, too. Imagine that!

But we'll never know for sure.
Yes, you’re wrong.

You can believe that billionaire businessman Tony Bloom wouldn’t negotiate a deal to get the maximum possible price that he thinks a buyer would pay if you want, but I know better.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Barber was asked directly about release clauses and he was categorical that Brighton never put one in any player's contract. I can't find the recent interview where he stated it as he's a media whore so could be one of many.
No he didn't, he said the club dont like them and tend not to have them.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Sky Sports saying Mac could be going to Liverpool this week.

The fact Liverpool have sold us Lallana, Milner and maybe Ox shows Bloom probably has a good releationship with them too.

All free agents.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yes, you’re wrong.

You can believe that billionaire businessman Tony Bloom wouldn’t negotiate a deal to get the maximum possible price that he thinks a buyer would pay if you want, but I know better.
You KNOW better?
Do tell...

or is that just waffle?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes, you’re wrong.

He does pay PB a very handsome sum per year to do some of the work. I imagine he trusts him to negotiate on his behalf, even if the final decision is through TB, do you really imagine TB is doing all the back and forwards on these deals?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
As much as we all think Naylor is a bit of a plank sometimes, he’s well connected in the club and has sources. Fab does not he only has agents, this deal is obscenely boring. If he goes for £45m who cares. We’ll still be there next week and the week after that.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No he didn't, he said the club dont like them and tend not to have them.
Fine I stand corrected but here's the full quote and it regards Caicedo
Many outlets have reported that Albion’s midfield maestro has a ‘top six release clause’ embedded into his new Seagulls contract.

But Barber was quick to quash those rumours, and revealed none of Brighton’s stars have ‘big club’ exit clauses written into their contracts.

Speaking on The Beautiful Game podcast, the Albion CEO said: “We don’t operate like that.
“We try and avoid things like that because they become such a point of discussion in negotiations that you spend hours and hours on something that may never happen or, if it does happen, it may not be the right price at the right time.
“We try and avoid things like that. We know other clubs use them, and that’s fine, but it’s not something that we tend to get involved with.”

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Ironic that a post beginning 'Back in the real world' should move directly to Facebook.

As I said, social following is an indication of a club's global reach.

A more-accurate measure than a bloke on a messageboard guessing who is/isn't a superclub.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'm sure it's been mentioned before but given our policy has always been to allow players to speak to and move onto bigger clubs if there is interest the concept of a "release clause" is completely unnecessary within our transfer model.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I'm sure it's been mentioned before but given our policy has always been to allow players to speak to and move onto bigger clubs if there is interest the concept of a "release clause" is completely unnecessary within our transfer model.
Huh? Tell that to Moises last Jan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here