Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Alexis going? (Liverpool - for an undisclosed fee...)

Where is Alexis going?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's Ocams Razor isn't it?
Nobody has answered my question...if there's no release clause why is there no mention of a bid anywhere?
Perhaps because there isn't a formal bid on the table yet?

I'll just whack off an email to PB and get back to y'all with the answer - OK! :wink::)

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Might be in terms of release clause, but not in totality.

The MacAllister family believe they have a rock solid way forward with Liverpool. It's clear from a lot of things out there on Twitter of course but it ties up with something someone (not at BHAFC) told me, who I trust.

Equally Tony and PBOBE are giving AN the current, factually correct position from the point of view of the club.

I'm pretty sure a deal is imminent with Liverpool but I also believe AN that, as of now, nothing is concrete at all.
Oh yeah the move is absolutely happening, just seems Naylor and fab will butt heads again over the fee etc.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Something I have to say is that the abuse Naylor is getting from Liverpool fans for stating what is most likely a fact direct from BHA is unacceptable.

It was the same with Arsenal fans in February.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It’s a very un Albion thing. My worry is this was a one off type of clause as his Dad pro insisted and insisted. Or there isn’t one at all and Fab puppet is just being played again.
Caciedo has the same thing as well apparently. It was basically the only way we could get them to sign extensions. We will benefit overall in the long term but I suspect we won't be getting crazy fees for either player.

Caciedo might only be 75m now I suspect if there's a release clause. Still , good business

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Pretty sure there was a semi-reliable admission that there was a clause inserted but it wasn't a standard release clause.

i.e. we weren't committing to the total value of the deal.

My guess (as posted above) is there is a cash value and then the club will negotiate the add ons on top.
If this is correct the club wouldn't have quantified the add-ons and in the event of a bidding war, could still benefit.
In this scenario, the £45m (sic) would have been more like a buy-in than a buy-out clause.
Very interesting and good point. That seems much more Albion there… And as usual the puppet Fab won’t report this or even prob know it etc… This sounds more likely - so not a proper ‘release clause’.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Something I have to say is that the abuse Naylor is getting from Liverpool fans for stating what is most likely a fact direct from BHA is unacceptable.

It was the same with Arsenal fans in February.
So many plastics with smart phones in the world 😞

They also don’t read things properly. He just said nothing agreed at moment. That could change in 5 mins. He did exactly the same with Cucu and Caicedo and was right with all. There’s already ‘Arsenal’ fans saying they’re ready to pile in when he signs… he 99% will sign but that doesn’t make his tweet at that moment untrue. Sad world on Twitter with these ‘prem’ fans I’m afraid.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Makes no sense. If a club is prepared to offer a certain sum for a player, then they’d offer that sum regardless of how long the player has been with his current club. Why would you accept less than what a club is prepared to pay? Bloom/Barber are certainly better businessmen than that.
All points above, are complete speculation, based on an assumption, the club have agreed to a minimum price on the player.
This may prove to not be the case, and the current Fibz tweets are Cucurella to City all over again.

I also think there is a good deal more to TB than just being a ruthless negotiator, looking for the biggest bucks every time.
I dare say his sale price valuation algorithm is far more complex than "just squeeze every last penny out of it"

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Naylor is of course right. No agreement has been reached as there's no agreement to be reached.

There is an agreement which needs to be reached. Naylor said that it hadn't been reached at the time of his latest info.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Please don't use the term 'elite club'. They are not elite, they are just swimming in borrowed money. Using the term perpetuates the myth that the richest clubs are part of an exclusive class that others cannot join. First Chelsea, then Manchester City and now Newcastle have all proved this a lie by joining the 'elite' ranks, simply by having owners who could pay the billions necessary to be members.

Describing them as 'elite' suggests that they are the only game in town and encourages the type of thinking that led them to believe that they didin't need everyone else and could form a league with their similarly conniving and dishonest European counterparts. They are not 'elite' clubs, they are not 'super' clubs. They are the soulless playthings of international capital. They are a constant reminder that absolutely everything in sport, in culture, in life is utterly devalued and ruined once capitalism gets hold of it and measures it's worth in purely monetary terms.

I'd suggest the alternative terms 'Cartel clubs', 'Rapacious anti-football clubs' or 'Seemingly bottomless pits of debt funded for nefarious reasons by morally dubious oil sheiks and venture capitalists with dollar signs where their hearts should be - along with Fifa, the most compelling evidence that we're in the tragic end times of the most beautiful and inspirational game ever to have graced the world stage: The sad representation of humankind's limitless appetite for destructive growth and aquisition regardless of the knowledge that it will lead to their ultimate end - clubs.'
Back in the real world. Here's an indication of each club's global reach/growth, according to Facebook followers...

social-1.png

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
One positive is that Chelsea clearly weren't a named club or a club that fit the criteria. Thank f*** because if Mac went there for less than Cucu that would HURT.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Caciedo has the same thing as well apparently. It was basically the only way we could get them to sign extensions. We will benefit overall in the long term but I suspect we won't be getting crazy fees for either player.

Caciedo might only be 75m now I suspect if there's a release clause. Still , good business
Caicedo's agent has actually denied there is any clause in his contract.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Perhaps because there isn't a formal bid on the table yet?

I'll just whack off an email to PB and get back to y'all with the answer - OK! :wink::)
Olay, but wash your hands before you make our cheese sandwich.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Agreeing with Simon Jordan re Alexis - it just feels wrong

He does like us doesn't he.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If it was under/around 45m then why are other clubs not coming in? Just doesn’t make sense, there’s so many things about this that just don’t make sense in the slightest.

Yes Ali is a fantastic bloke and a fantastic player but you can’t tell me how his father has acted throughout this is acceptable? I know different cultures have different family structures but I find it hard to believe if Alexis didn’t have some input.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here