Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Alexis going? (Liverpool - for an undisclosed fee...)

Where is Alexis going?

• Total voters

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Other than a massive pay rise, why would he want to play in the same European competition as us ?

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
I am feeling optimistic about this one. I think we might keep him. There is no footballing reason for him to go to Liverpool, and strengthening a direct rival seems bad business.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I would like to say nowhere, but I think his reaction after the Villa game and how quite he was after the City game speaks volumes that he is leaving. I suspect the rumours are correct and he is going to Liverpool and Tony has a bloody good deal wrapped up. Just a shout out to all those who think many here treated Cucu and Trossard, unfairly, compare this thread to anything about those two. Here is a vital player being waved off with thanks. He gave his all for us and didn't behave like a spoilt brat. I for one will always give him a round of applause.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Just seen on facebook that the Liverpool deal is 99.9% done. Ali Mac will be on £150,000 a week. 55/60M

That's a coincidence, I just saw my Ex on FB and she's no longer the fat miserable moaning old witch she's been for the last 30 years since we split up, but is now this smiling happy person leading a perfect life after her x' th divorce and fella.

Who knew people can change that much, instantly.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The pay rise alone makes it a good deal for Alexis but I think it’s a bit unfair to believe that’s the only pull. Larger crowds, immense football heritage, famous stadium, huge worldwide fan base. If you love the sport (and don’t have your Albion-tinted specs on) Liverpool are one of the clubs of genuine historical renown. Even more so than the nouveau-riche City & Chelsea. You could point to the latter of those particularly and say it’s mainly about the pay packet. Sadly, it might take a few decades and several trophies before we see a South American who’s grown up dreaming of playing for a club like Brighton. The Premier League & chance to attract the likes of Liverpool’s attention is our selling point for now - and possibly forever.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Other than a massive pay rise, why would he want to play in the same European competition as us ?
Because next season is not what he'd be thinking about. Yes they're in EL this year, but much more likely to qualify for CL next year. Also Liverpool are a much bigger club.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That's a coincidence, I just saw my Ex on FB and she's no longer the fat miserable moaning old witch she's been for the last 30 years since we split up, but is now this smiling happy person leading a perfect life after her x' th divorce and fella.

Who knew people can change that much, instantly.
My missus had a good friend a few years back that had a completely different real life and Facebook life following a messy break up with her boyfriend. It was quite amusing, although a bit tragic, to watch her take literally hundreds of photos every time we went out in order to catch the perfect having-a-great-life shot to post on Facebook.

Anyway back to MacAllister - probably Liverpool, likely very good (non-fixed) fee that will be used to result in a net improvement of our squad strength.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am feeling optimistic about this one. I think we might keep him. There is no footballing reason for him to go to Liverpool, and strengthening a direct rival seems bad business.
Blimey it doesn't take The Leeds fans long to change teams once relegation is confirmed.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'd much rather he went to Liverpool than either of the Manchester clubs or Chelsea. He has done his best for us, continues to behave respectfully and deserves to go somewhere he will be appreciated by the management and fans - ie not Tottenham. If I were a player, the attraction of playing every other game at Anfield would be obvious. If I couldn't go to a truly massive club such as Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday, of course.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
My take on events is he would be very happy to stay for another year & this is being driven by his father. A final big pay day for Daddy to make his fortune in his own right, before the new FIFA regs for agents kick in in full. Double the normal sum as he will probably get a fee from the club which buys him, acting as their agent, plus a fee from his son as his agent. Soon after Mac signs for whoever expect him to sign up to an agent fully compliant with FIFA regs, certainly before October.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The pay rise alone makes it a good deal for Alexis but I think it’s a bit unfair to believe that’s the only pull. Larger crowds, immense football heritage, famous stadium, huge worldwide fan base. If you love the sport (and don’t have your Albion-tinted specs on) Liverpool are one of the clubs of genuine historical renown. Even more so than the nouveau-riche City & Chelsea. You could point to the latter of those particularly and say it’s mainly about the pay packet. Sadly, it might take a few decades and several trophies before we see a South American who’s grown up dreaming of playing for a club like Brighton. The Premier League & chance to attract the likes of Liverpool’s attention is our selling point for now - and possibly forever.
Sadly there are kids in Haywards Heath who don’t dream of playing for Brighton

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
In how many seasons have Liverpool been a direct rival ? That just sounds daft given respective resources. Our club has a lot more to achieve, and hopefully it will, but let’s stay grounded. I’m not keen on all these snide comments about his Dad either (not you). Alexis has behaved with maximum class whilst helping us into Europe for the first time and perhaps departing. It would be good for Albion fans to reciprocate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here