Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Alexis going? (Liverpool - for an undisclosed fee...)

Where is Alexis going?

• Total voters

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Exit clause? The one Barber has stated before none of the players have on their contracts as Tony refuses to have them. Interesting.
It is all bollox, if it was way less than the reported 65/70 million - not just Liverpool would have activated it....
There would be a line as long as the Colombian marching powder this fool appears to be on....

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Romano is just winging it now.

Tony doesn't run his business with "exit clauses". That's on record. Sure, every player has a valuation and when that is met they can go - and Alexis may go to Liverpool - but that tweet is just made up guesswork.
This thread is going round in circles.

A few respected journos have discussed this exit clause so there may be some truth to it. We know the club don't normally do this kind of thing but this might have been the only way to get maccer to sign an extension.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Not game over yet then.
I read that quite and thought same, and if left entirely to Alexis to decide, I reckon there's a chance he might stay another year as he loves it here......

but this isn't being driven by Alexis imho, its his dad who is blinded by all the £ signs and wether right or wrong, best thing for Alexis or not, its primarily all about the cash.

Enough is never enough.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I read that quite and thought same, and if left entirely to Alexis to decide, I reckon there's a chance he might stay another year as he loves it here......

but this isn't being driven by Alexis imho, its his dad who is blinded by all the £ signs and wether right or wrong, best thing for Alexis or not, its primarily all about the cash.

Enough is never enough.
Hard for your dad not to be bedazzled by riches when your son is a World Cup winner. As for the son, he's conducted himself impeccably throughout as regards our club. Wishing the boy nothing but good things for his future career. It's been a privilege to watch him at club level on a regular basis :clap2:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Tony doesn't run his business with "exit clauses". That's on record. Sure, every player has a valuation and when that is met they can go - and Alexis may go to Liverpool - but that tweet is just made up guesswork.
Obviously your right, but Romano it is a monetary exit clause, when he does not know that, the exit clause would I imagine a Champions League clause.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hard for your dad not to be bedazzled by riches when your son is a World Cup winner. As for the son, he's conducted himself impeccably throughout as regards our club. Wishing the boy nothing but good things for his future career. It's been a privilege to watch him at club level on a regular basis :clap2:
To be fair, I imagine the prospect of £70m in the bank is quite attractive to TB as well - as per the well-known song. He’ll know that we have potential replacements lined up.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
To be fair, I imagine the prospect of £70m in the bank is quite attractive to TB as well - as per the well-known song. He’ll know that we have potential replacements lined up.
For sure. Tho the recruitment dept and the underlying algorithm will find it increasingly hard to do that succession planning thing when it comes to replacing world class players shirley? Be intriguing to see what rabbits they next manage to pull out of the hat

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
For sure. Tho the recruitment dept and the underlying algorithm will find it increasingly hard to do that succession planning thing when it comes to replacing world class players shirley? Be intriguing to see what rabbits they next manage to pull out of the hat
Maybe not like-for-like, but we could probably by 2-3 players for half AM’s fee and improve some areas where we’re a bit weak - eg full-back stength in depth.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fabrizio is like a constant nasty rash with his irritating finger in the air posts

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
This thread is going round in circles.

A few respected journos have discussed this exit clause so there may be some truth to it. We know the club don't normally do this kind of thing but this might have been the only way to get maccer's dad to allow him to sign an extension.
cynically corrected for you 😉

But as others have said, he's a top guy who has certainly got all of my respect, I will stand up and clap him warmly whenever he comes to the Amex regardless of where he goes.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fabrizio is like a constant nasty rash with his irritating finger in the air posts
At least Fabrizio only gets the oxygen of publicity he craves when transfer windows come around and agents need a useful idiot to get their message out there. Wouldn't be in the least surprised if money changes hands for what amounts to a paid advert for touting a player in a certain direction

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Contracts have clauses though that usually detail how a contract can come to an end before the contract period is up. Our understanding of an ‘exit clause’ is quite specific in that of a club offers £X the contract is obliged to be released. So while we may not have exit clauses in this regard, I doubt it precludes there being other clauses that might trigger a players ability to leave.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Obviously your right, but Romano it is a monetary exit clause, when he does not know that, the exit clause would I imagine a Champions League clause.
err...

If LIVERPOOL have supposedly met this 'release mechanism', then it is definitely NOT a Champions League Clause...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here