Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Alexis going? (Liverpool - for an undisclosed fee...)

Where is Alexis going?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I am beginning to get really f***ed off with Carragher and the like talking about 'what a steal' Mac Allister was for them. It's f***ing painful losing excellent players and characters but even more so when fans of the 'big' clubs and media rub it in.
So it's not just NSCers who 'ought to give it a rest, it's boring' that think Liverpool have done very, very well out of this cut-price deal then......

Maybe the 'give it a rest' merchants should ... err ..... well ...... give it a ...............

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Is it possible that Liverpool have got a good deal (they clearly have) and that Bloom and Barber got the best deal they could in the circumstances (without the benefit of hindsight, and given their track record, this is likely)?

Last edited:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
This is the piece I am referencing:

Not sure exactly how recent but this quote is interesting, and possibly dispels the theory that he decided he only wanted to play in the #10 role post-World Cup:

“If you ask me I would say that today I feel more comfortable as an 8, but I know I can play as a 6 or a 10."

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
The idea that he wanted to play 10 came from an interview De Zerbi did after the WC final, where he said:

"I spoke with his father and he told me he prefers the Argentina position, but in that position we have Lallana."

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
There is another way of looking at the fee from our perspective. Had we got £60+ million when we look at transfers in the selling team would probably bump the price up thinking we are sitting on a pile of cash. Therefore by going along with the £35mil number we don't look like such a cash cow in future transfers.

These numbers are all ridiculous and subject to debate but but the principle stands.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There is another way of looking at the fee from our perspective. Had we got £60+ million when we look at transfers in the selling team would probably bump the price up thinking we are sitting on a pile of cash. Therefore by going along with the £35mil number we don't look like such a cash cow in future transfers.

These numbers are all ridiculous and subject to debate but but the principle stands.
We're a Premier League side with a minimum of £190,000,000 coming in through the door, each season.
There isn't a single team in world football who doesn't think they can screw their top end valuation for their player out of us.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There is another way of looking at the fee from our perspective. Had we got £60+ million when we look at transfers in the selling team would probably bump the price up thinking we are sitting on a pile of cash.
Barber has said the Club try and mitigate against this by looking ahead and buying replacements before we actually sell players. We have been active in the buying market already with a few deals now lined up.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The idea that he wanted to play 10 came from an interview De Zerbi did after the WC final, where he said:

"I spoke with his father and he told me he prefers the Argentina position, but in that position we have Lallana."
Personally think Lallana is better in that position when fit……..

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

The idea that other clubs will sell their players to us more cheaply because we sold Mac Allister to Liverpool for a very low price can at best be described as 'hopeful'!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Nah…..first home goal for his boyhood club wasn’t it ? Wasn’t even thinking about a few hundred of us up in the clouds out of sight.
Second goal and it was live on Sky, Considering we didn’t have to sell and gave him his PL debut to celebrate so wildly was disrespectful tbh. Murray reined it in for every goal he scored against us.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Second goal and it was live on Sky, Considering we didn’t have to sell and gave him his PL debut to celebrate so wildly was disrespectful tbh. Murray reined it in for every goal he scored against us.
Was Murray playing for the team he grew up supporting when he scored against us?

It was his first Premier League goal for them and went a long way to confirming them in the Champions League. As football fans surely we should get why he celebrated, we’d have done the same if we did that playing for Brighton no matter the opposition.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Even the kids look like scousers ! Very short at the sides . Just Surprised they’ve not yet had tattoos inked on them yet.
They’re Brighton fans you donut

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here