Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where has the summer gone?

In Hove the average temperature (maximum) for August is 21 degrees, falling to 20 in the third week of the month & 19 at the end.

So far this month we have had 10 days above average, 2 average & yesterday below average, but only by 1 degree!

Other than 1st August which recorded 32 degrees the rest of the month, so far, has been unremarkable, except slightly above temperatures. Rainfall has been below average. All in all, pretty good!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Is it just me or is it chilly tonight? Had to swap my shorts and t shirt for jeans and a long sleeve shirt but still feeling nippy. If it goes on like this for long might be tempted to bung the heating on. Brrr.

I did notice it was a little fresher, but not enough for heating ..... and I don't like being cold, so mine goes on pretty quickly if I'm feeling it. Hopefully won't be needed for a month or so.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
We had that glorious heat-wave in July, when the jet-stream moved far to the north of the UK (where is should be - and used to be -- this time of year), and allowed high pressure to take charge of our weather for a couple of weeks.

Sadly, the jet stream has plunged back south again, and is mainly over the UK - which is where is it usually is in winter, hence the current autumnal feel to the weather.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=jetstream;sess=

I expect miserable weather in winter, but it really annoys me when we have summer after summer of mainly cool, 'changeable' weather like we've done from 2007 onwards; I feel really cheated, and it then makes winter seem to last for ever.

As I've said before, if me and Mrs Peteinblack ever emigrate, it will be because of the sh*t weather in this country; I don't want hot sun all-year round, just proper seasons, so that I can enjoy some regular warm sun between May and September. If I had that, I wouldn't care how cold or wet the winter was.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Hasn't been too bad lately;about average for August I reckon.Evenings are definitely drawing in as they would because we are almost 2 months past the longest day.
Just about to go in for my morning swim;I must admit the water did feel colder yesterday than a couple of weeks ago.Don't know whether this is just psychological or fact........undercarriage seemed to shrink by the usual amount anyway.
Think we'll have a lovely autumn,but the chimney has been swept and I have a good supply of seasoned logs for the stove, so we are ready for winter.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The weather today in Brighton right now is perfect. Not too hot, just perfectly warm. If only most days could be like this! :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
From yesterday and I'd imagine for the rest of this week, people will have been receiving Christmas catalogues in the post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here