[Misc] Where does the BBC weather app think you are currently located?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
It says I'm in Ratton Village which is near me (geographically if not financially).

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Eastcote. Which is nice as technically I live in Rayners Lane. [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] - this HAS to be the local equivalent of ‘Hove actually’ right?!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I seem to live in a Weather Presenter's 'hotspot' so have little need for the BBC weather app.

Becky Mantin who presents the weather on ITV news lives next door but one, and Darren Bett who presents the weather on BBC news lives about hundred yards away :shrug:

So if I need to know what's in store I just ask when I'm putting the bins out.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Faversham

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Eastcote. Which is nice as technically I live in Rayners Lane. [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] - this HAS to be the local equivalent of ‘Hove actually’ right?!

Yes, very much so, all these little hamlets all morph into each other.
Actually one part of Ruislip borders Buckingham Palace, which is nice :D

Yoda

English & European
I don't bother with the BBC weather app. It hardly ever seemed to give the correct current or forecasted weather in the past when I had it.

I use AccuWeather on my phone and Netweather for more detailed forecasts on the pc.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
The BBC App correctly identifies my village - but is less reliable on the weather. I prefer the Met Office App - the rainfall radar is particularly good.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
My app knows exactly where I am. Unfortunately it’s not quite so clever in giving me an accurate weather forecast which I was sort of expecting from a weather app. But, to be fair, it’s absolutely brilliant at telling me what the weather is like now, which saves me the inconvenience of turning my head 45 degrees to look out the ‘kin window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports