Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where does that rank in Amex moments?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I saw Bobby's signing as a vanity project.
He can't play 90 minutes and he can't play often.
That has left the team a striker 'short', for the time being.
I disagree. Although he's not playing 90 minutes, he is playing often. If we hadn't signed him, we'd still have O'Grady, no one else. He could play 90 minutes if he had to, but we don't need him to. He's holding the ball up well, creating chances, and he's scored 2 goals for about 180 minutes play, which pretty good on its own.

To be honest the first quarter of the season had done very little to change my opinion.
Why? Do you think we have signed some world beater if Bobby hadn't joined us?

Obviously going *****
Please don't use language like that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
if he can come on in matches and do things like that. Even if it is only one match in 3 then I will be more than happy to hold my hands up and say ''fair play to the guy' - I was wrong''
Of course he can't do it one match in 3, that would be a goal every 45 minutes or so.

As said if Bobby's season started last Saturday then brilliant, who gives a fook about August Sept, and half of October.
But he ought to be a little more than 15 minute cameos.
Granted not a lot more, as moments like last night more than make up for the short fall.
You make it sound like he's been poor for us, except for the last two games - he hasn't. He's come on in previous games when we were winning, and held the ball up well to get us over the line for a win, and in the game he started we were winning (thanks to two assists from Bobby) when he went off.

Last edited:

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
To watch Bobby now is a reminder of watching the ageing Frank Worthington at the Goldstone. Both, with a sublime left foot, like a magician's wand. Showing off that indefinable element that sets certain players apart....class. The ability, under pressure, to seem to have all the time in the world. No panic, just an inner calmness. Last night, with players around him, he had time to flick the ball up before volleying it, like a tracer bullet into the far corner. It looked simple but it wasn't. He made it look simple. Good players do.
It brought back memories of his younger days. Some of those outrageous volleys. That one moment was worth a whole season of entrance money alone. An artist among the artisans. A folk-hero returning for his swan-song and writing his own script.
I will treasure that moment last night with Buckley's winner and Vicente v Derby. One emotional, one breathtaking. I've got to say, on reflection, that I think last night was both.
Fantastic post

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Of course he can't do it one match in 3, that would be a goal every 45 minutes or so.

You make it sound like he's been poor for us, except for the last two games - he hasn't. He's come on in previous games when we were winning, and held the ball up well to get us over the line for a win, and in the game he started we were winning (thanks to two assists from Bobby) when he went off.

Dont forget Bolton away was also a MASTERCLASS and a real shame the Bobster had to go off. If he didn't then we would have won that. Even with the sending off.

jp1599

Dec 15, 2013
Was four years old when Bobby left the club but grew up an Albion fan knowing of what his greatness meant to the club. I watched many videos of his many goals and I never thought I'd get the chance to see him in a Brighton shirt, let alone see him score a late winner. Absolutely amazing moment for me, maybe on level terms with Buckley's winner but think the stature of Zamora and what the club means to him and what he means to the club edges it for me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I disagree. Although he's not playing 90 minutes, he is playing often. If we hadn't signed him, we'd still have O'Grady, no one else. He could play 90 minutes if he had to, but we don't need him to. He's holding the ball up well, creating chances, and he's scored 2 goals for about 180 minutes play, which pretty good on its own.

Why? Do you think we have signed some world beater if Bobby hadn't joined us?

Please don't use language like that.

First an foremost I apologise for any offence caused.
It's a phrase I use without prejudice or malice, and rest assured I'll not be using it again.

I don't know who we would have signed, but Bobby is on a decent chunk of money and unable to play 90 minutes.
Still on the payroll, league form O'Grady was pretty decent playing that role at the start of the season.
Clearly I'm not making a case for the big man, and clearly he'll not be scoring those 2 goals, but without Hemed and/or Baldock the this squad is pretty much dead in the water.

Thinking about my Bobby stance, and trying to boil it down, my concern is he'll be:-

Vicente II - This time it's emotional.

The less likely that looks the wronger I become, and happier we all are.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
First an foremost I apologise for any offence caused.
It's a phrase I use without prejudice or malice, and rest assured I'll not be using it again.
Thanks.

I don't know who we would have signed, but Bobby is on a decent chunk of money and unable to play 90 minutes.
We don't know he's on much money. It's clear from the rumours pre-season that he wanted to join us, yet CH didn't sign him, and still Bobby wanted to join us and didn't look to go elsewhere. I don't think he's on that much. And we don't need him to play 90 minutes. CH knew he wouldn't be playing 90 minutes when he signed him.

Still on the payroll, league form O'Grady was pretty decent playing that role at the start of the season.
Clearly I'm not making a case for the big man, and clearly he'll not be scoring those 2 goals
I've nothing against O'Grady either, but Bobby is better, not just for the goals but also at creating chances.
but without Hemed and/or Baldock the this squad is pretty much dead in the water.
I guess we could play with one up front, but they would be a big loss. We'll have to see if Manu can fill a roll at some point, and whether one of the prospects (Harper, Hambo) can step up. But my main point is, who would we have signed if not Bobby - and I'm confident the answer is 'no one'. We'd have just kept O'Grady, so Bobby isn't costing us much at all, and he's already proved more than worth it.

Thinking about my Bobby stance, and trying to boil it down, my concern is he'll be:-

Vicente II - This time it's emotional.

The less likely that looks the wronger I become, and happier we all are.
I think there's already enough evidence that he's not Vicente II. He's already had 8 appearances, he's created goals and scored goals and looked up for it every time. Vicente had lost faith in his body, and didn't want to be on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here