Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where does that rank in Amex days?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The 3-0 vs palace was a great day but it really is tainted by what happened in the playoffs for me.

Wigan is number 1, yesterday was number 2.

Totally agree with comments re the Palace 3-0. While it was a great day, seriously marred by the small amount of time we had to wallow in it and then the play-off SF. Sometimes Palace have had years to crow about big wins, we had two months.

I am probably not best placed to rank yesterday as don't get to all or even most Amex matches, but it was very special and just felt like a huge occasion and result, symbolic as well as actual.

To in the same day get a massive three points, get into the top half, get the first point let alone win v a top-six side at the ninth attempt this season, and a first win over Arsenal for 36 years was clearly superb.

Missed Wigan through work though I hear that was amazing. For me Doncaster, I really enjoyed the thumping of Southampton when Lambert got sent off, as well as Palace above on the day itself.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Number two, but frankly very very close to Doncaster which was beyond dramatic and cathartic to an almost unwritable extent.
St. Patrick's day was wonderful but yesterday was unbelievable and frankly, a moment I didn't think I'd ever witness as a Brighton fan. 30,620 people watching us beating Wenger's Arsenal in the Premier League to take a huge step towards establishing ourselves amongst the big boys, that for me is one of the crowning moments of the last twenty years.

Also I grew up in North London and currently live next to the old Highbury so to laugh at all my old mates who teased me for supporting a rubbish team like Brighton feels bloody fantastic!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here