where do you think we would finish if...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
I think if we finish in the bottom half above the relegation zone everyone at the club will be delighted.

They're on record as aiming for the play-offs. That's not to say they won't be content with survival, but I don't think the 'target will be to finish somewhere in the bottom half.' That would be a very unambitious target. Bloom is not an unambitious man.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
They're on record as aiming for the play-offs. That's not to say they won't be content with survival, but I don't think the 'target will be to finish somewhere in the bottom half.' That would be a very unambitious target. Bloom is not an unambitious man.
Same with Gus.
After the way we dismantled Pompey and the win at Watford last season, I think we would survive.
People keep bringing this up but overlook the fact that we were outclassed by FC United. I don't really think the cup is relevant.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
I don't think Poyet would stay this Summer, if he didn't have ambitious plans approved by Bloom.

The new player transfer and wages budget is at least +£10m per year, compared to before.

Hoskins is just the start. In the next 10 weeks I'm sure he'll be joined by some class acquisitions.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I don't think Poyet would stay this Summer, if he didn't have ambitious plans approved by Bloom.

The new player transfer and wages budget is at least +£10m per year, compared to before.

Hoskins is just the start. In the next 10 weeks I'm sure he'll be joined by some class acquisitions.

Me too i was thinking maybe upto £15m

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The existing squad would struggle hence Gus saying we need 6 or 7 quality signings, without which it would be a difficult winter and spring. I dont think that either Gus or TB are prepared to allow that to happen, it is not part of their plans.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Currently we'd be about 18th I reckon
6-7 new players and possible playoffs or just outside so I'll go 7th
Gus/Bloom are aiming for the Play-Offs not just surviving relegation.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Currently we'd be about 18th I reckon
6-7 new players and possible playoffs or just outside so I'll go 7th
Gus/Bloom are aiming for the Play-Offs not just surviving relegation.

Yup, would agree with you there.
TB hasn't stumped up for the stadium just so we can potter about the lower reaches of the Championship. Sure, he'd settle for a consolidation next season but we are being set up to emulate the kind of progress made by the likes of Swansea and Norwich, and before them, Hull, Wigan, Blackpool and Reading.
I fully expect to see some quality players boosting the squad in the next few weeks.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
With the current crop, 15th.
With 2x winger, 1x centre mid, 2x striker and 1/2x defensive cover we might flirt with the play-offs, probably end up around 8th.

I would be quite happy to finish top half and i'm sure the board would be content with this too.

seagull07

Kurt must score!
Jan 5, 2007
West Sussex
Happy to stay up , but if we sign lua lua and a couple more class signings higher .

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Top of the league

We are Super Brighton - who the f*** sings that and thinks we'll STRUGGLE for crying out loud!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports