Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where do I stand with this?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
love these threads. I notice when something like this crops up (I vaigly remember the outrage at a woman feeding her kids a stolen chicken in the co-op) around 50% of the replies are along the lines of "theft is theft" and it is "totally wrong on ALL counts" etc etc

regretfully these (very approximate) figures don't equate to the real world. In my 45 years I've witnessed a lot of people from a lot of different backgrounds that would get out of paying for anything if they could even if that meant lying and/or someone else being out of pocket

I admire those that are increadibly honest, and I despise low life theves but I'd like to know what percentage of the country would NEVER steal from their corner shop but would keep quiet if Tesco or Asda billed them £1.29 for their weekly shop instead of £129?

I have to agree with you about how many would think nothing of acting dishonestly and how even the shops virtually expect it - the look of surprise on the face of someone behind a till when you point out you have been undercharged is often priceless!

Dec 29, 2011
Sorry, I missed the part where a multimillion pound company was mentioned... And also the part where they screw people over.

But I guess you're right. At least it's not child labour.

where does it say its a multimillion pound company could be a one man band trying to keep his head above the water

Yes it was a bit of an assumption on my part. If it was a small or independent store I'd take the opposite view.

Edit: ok he's now said it was, so its ok to steal from a big business then, I'm off to knick some poppy tins at lunchtime then, that's part of a mulitmillion pound business.

I believe that is called Reductio ad absurdum, and it doesn't make my point any less valid.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Yeah sorry, it is a massive jewellery chain, (not some little shop down town) you know, the type that if you did have any sort of problem with something they would try their utmost to do you over. It was a good few years ago now but none the less, a few hundred quid to a multimillion pound company shouldn't lose them any sleep.

so you're essentially saying that its ok to be a crook because in your opinion the company in question are a bunch of crooks? your actions could have had an effect on the people on the shop floor (people earning minimum wage or thereabouts) - once they realise their mistake, somebody could have lost their job - but thats fine because you MADE money on something you 'bought' off a massive jewellery chain

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Why on earth are you questioning this. Shut up, keep quiet & plead ignorance.
I ordered an item once by credit card on the net from a largish company. They let me down and did not deliver for weeks. I asked for a refund and they took another few weeks to process my refund. The day they finally done it my item arrived by post. Of course I kept it!
I have a small business dealing with these big companies and getting money out of them can be horrendous. I've known companies question every invoice two or three times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here