The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
There you go, problem solved :ROFLMAO:
IMG_0082.jpeg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We normally have Goose and most of the supermarkets will be selling Goose in the next couple of weeks. Unlike Turkeys, they all tend to be good quality. You really can't beat a timely Goose

ken.jpg

Oh... and has anybody mentioned the FAT ? :wink:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Best fat in the world for roasting spuds though...

Agreed. I buy mine in a jar. It’s very cheap.

In all honesty though, I’m not a foody and it doesn’t make a huge amount of difference to me what roasties are cooked in.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Goose is a high maintenance cooking experience.

For those who haven’t cooked one before.. the fat. Dear Lord above! The fat.

You have to keep an eye on it so that the fat doesn’t start burning.

I can’t stress enough. The fat that comes out of a goose. It’s like roasting a walrus.
More info on your experiences needed before joke can be typed
Southwick Square Butchers should have them. But if you can get hold of one, and can afford it, a wild goose is a different beast - it's a darker and richer meat.

Both Lidl and Aldi also do a frozen 4 kg goose for around £30. It may be best to ring them first.

Be mindful of what @The Clamp said about the fat. You will need to drain it off several times during cooking, to reduce the risk of fire.
That goose without saying

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Goose gives me indigestion...nasty business...

Oh poop, sorry no its Duck that gives me indigestion...got my feathereds mixed up....daft...

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Best fat in the world for roasting spuds though...
and talking of roast spuds, after giving them the customary shake to fluff them up prior to putting them into the hot fat, sprinkle them with dry semolina … a crunch par excellence will follow

Nicksinclair13

Oct 28, 2023
Every year since a boy we would get our Christmas goose from The Oaks Poultry Farm just north of Ditchling. To my great dismay just loaded up their website and… no goose!

So, good people of Sussex, where can I purchase a delicious GOOSE for Chrimbo dinner!?

Not sure if you have sorted this already but I'd give The Oaks a call or pop in to double check.... drove past on the way to the match yesterday and the sign outside definitely listed Goose• :shrug:

•May just be an old sign

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Every year since a boy we would get our Christmas goose from The Oaks Poultry Farm just north of Ditchling. To my great dismay just loaded up their website and… no goose!

So, good people of Sussex, where can I purchase a delicious GOOSE for Chrimbo dinner!?
You need to walk this way sir!
john cleese people are over GIF

el punal

Goose is a high maintenance cooking experience.

For those who haven’t cooked one before.. the fat. Dear Lord above! The fat.

You have to keep an eye on it so that the fat doesn’t start burning.

I can’t stress enough. The fat that comes out of a goose. It’s like roasting a walrus.
Where’s the best place to buy a walrus, I quite fancy having an alternative Christmas dinner this year? Could someone also suggest a suitable stuffing as well? Thank you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
First goose of my Xmas season last night, with @Uncle Buck on red wine duty.
0F612C5A-6EBB-4ADE-BCF8-330F32485EB0.jpeg

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here